January 11, 2024

Thursday - Cold and mostly clear, some rain


I woke up this morning just before F’s alarm went off. I went downstairs, but came back up soon after and went back to bed. I fell asleep after F left for work.


I stayed in bed a bit late, but did manage to get up earlier than I did yesterday. I didn’t do laundry today, I might tomorrow. I did see K, but she didn’t say anything to me, barely even looked at me. 


I spent most of the day upstairs, which is fine. I didn’t have much on anyway. I heard lots of noise during the day, it turns out that K had another evaluation today, so her daughter was visiting. I said to F later that it is quite odd to not be in the loop at all. Whatever!


I grabbed my lunch and while I was preparing it, K came in the kitchen and got a big knife. She took it into the living room. That was surprising. I tried talking to her but she completely ignored me. I know that she’s deaf, but she usually picks up when people talk to her. 


I went upstairs with my lunch and in a bit of a surprise, watched something off the DVR. I watched something from last May! I finally watched an episode of New Amsterdam. I have a couple of other episodes that I should watch and get off the DVR. I still have The Walking Dead episodes to watch, but I couldn’t face it today!


F called around 5:20 today and said he was coming back. I went downstairs a few minutes later. I got started on dinner. 


Tonight I did toaster oven chicken again, supposedly tandori flavoured, bibinba rice, and an Italian eggplant dish that sadly turned out to be very salty. We also had a salad too. Dinner was good. I did the eggplant dish in the air fryer. I’d like to try it again. Tonight I used an Italian herb mix with salt in it and some parmesan cheese. Next time, I’ll use some herb mix without any salt in it. I did serve it with some lemon juice and ketchup which Google told me might help. And it did. 


Most of dinner disappeared and it was good. I cleared the table and washed all the dishes. I put them away too. I told F that there was an online meetup tonight and I was hoping to join. At first, I thought I’d bring my computer downstairs, but F said he wanted to watch TV downstairs. I was upset at first, but then I realized that I didn’t really want to go downstairs after all. I decided that I’d attend from upstairs but not use my camera. I tried to sign into Zoom, but I had to change my password and then I had to get verification numbers and such. F came into the room and told me that he’d left on the heater and the lights in the living room for me. Oh…sweet of him. I changed my mind completely and didn’t attend. (My computer is having battery issues so I didn’t want to unplug it and take it downstairs.)


I took a shower after 10 pm and then came back up to the bedroom and watched The Rookie. I quite enjoyed tonight’s episode. I turned off the TV when it finished and then turned to the internet!


And basically, that is where I am at the moment. I should get myself off to bed soon. I’m not sure what I’m going to get up to tomorrow. I will be cooking dinner, I know that!


Come back later if you like and hear about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: