March 23, 2024

Saturday - Rainy and clearing later on


I went to bed quite late again and then slept in this morning. Or, I tried to. The house that is being built nearby…the workers started around 9 this morning. It was so noisy and it woke me up. I went downstairs and then came back to bed and slept on, or tried to. F came back up to the room around 12. I was still in bed but got up just after that. He fell asleep and was very soundly asleep for almost two hours. I let him sleep because I thought he needed it. He’s been getting up early every day this weekend, and every day during the week. 


Because he slept a bit late, it was a bit hard for us to decide where to go for lunch. Once again, I suggested a place I wanted to go to and F ended up taking us somewhere else. We ended up at Cafe B-Flat and had an interesting meal. I had their chicken and avocado plate lunch. It was actually really good. It was in an oily sauce and came with some multigrain toast and some potato soup. I added a cup of Darjeeling with my lunch. F had a dry curry, but it was different than most dry curries served here. It was like a curry on white rice. He said it was okay, which is his nice way of saying he didn’t like it! He had coffee with his meal. 


We came back to the house after lunch. I didn’t really want to, but whatever. F wanted to be at the house when his mother was brought back by the daycare people. There was a lot of “Bye-bye” going on down there when she got back.


F went out to get his mother a bento and to get us some onigiri to have as a snack. We were going out and didn’t have time to eat a full meal first. He came back with a couple of onigiri for each of us. We had a nice little snack. We left the house around 6 pm and drove to Machi-naka Kinema. Tonight’s movie was What’s Love Got To Do With It?, a British Rom-com about a woman who makes a documentary about her friend going into an arranged marriage. Halfway through she realizes that she’s in love with him. I think. It was fun. It wasn’t the best movie ever, but it had moments. F liked it too, so that was good!


He brought me back to the house quickly after the movie. He had booked himself a massage at 9 pm. Eye roll. It is so annoying. I spent a good hour and a half by myself at the house. I caught up on some internet things and then F was back. 


We went out for a quick dinner to a gyudon shop. I had kara-age and fries, and F had katsudon. It wasn’t too bad. We came back to the house via a convenience store. I went online when I got back and watched a few videos on YouTube. 


I had a quiet evening. I had planned to take a shower tonight, but I skipped it tonight. Oh dear. 


I’m not sure what we’ll get up to tomorrow. F has a few things planned, and I have to do a lot of grocery shopping too. I do plan to sleep in tomorrow morning! Yay me. 


Anyway, I’m done for now. Come back later if you like and hear about my day. Until tomorrow….


No comments: