March 24, 2024

 Sunday - Sunny and warm


I went to bed very late last night and then F woke me up again this morning. I was not pleased. I went downstairs and then came back to the room and went back to bed eventually. F had asked me to tell him when he got out of the hospital last summer. I had to read back in my blog to check the exact date!


I slept a little longer and then F came back to the room and we relaxed for a bit. Then, we talked about where to go for lunch. We didn’t really get out of the house until 2 pm so I suggested going to Cocos. F agreed since most of the places we wanted to go afterwards were in the same general area.


We went to Cocos and had a pretty good meal. We both had burgers, drink bar and we shared an appetizer of baguette, chopped tuna and avocado paste. That was nice. It took ages before we were able to leave the restaurant, but no worries. 


We headed over to Musashi and F got the parts he needed for a new light fixture in the house. I followed him around the store basically. After that, we did some of my shopping. I checked out a moved-around Daiso and bought a few things there. Then, F and I went to the grocery store. Yes, F came into the store with me today. Oh dear. I’m afraid I really wish he wouldn’t. He isn’t interested in things that I need to buy, he spent time looking at stuff that I don’t want to buy at all and it was just painful. He also does this thing where he thinks I’m going to bump into people or they’re going to bump into me and then he yells at me. I’m usually a nervous wreck when he’s in the store with me. Yuck. 


We came back to the house after we bought groceries and I put them away with a bit of help from F. My only problem with him putting them away is that he doesn’t always put them where I would. I headed upstairs and spent some time on my computer, he stayed downstairs for a bit. Around 6:30 he asked about his mother’s meal, I reminded him we bought her something when we were out. He heated it up and gave it to her.  He came upstairs again and suggested that we go for dinner. We had a couple of ideas and discussed them. We ended up going to the Chinese restaurant on the other side of Komagihara Park. 


We had a pretty good meal there. I ordered kara-age again, F ordered yakisoba, but with crispy noodles and we also ordered an egg dish with shrimp. We were given some soup by the restaurant too, so it was a decent meal. We ate everything!


I reminded F that we hadn’t bought kerosene today like we planned, so we drove over to that side of the city again and he filled up the tanks. Then, we made a quick stop at Yamaya. F got some adult beverages, I got a spice mix for eggplant and we both got some snacks. Then, we came back to the house. 


I went upstairs fairly soon. F had a yelling session with his mother about why she was watching TV in the dark! I have no idea. I thought F would come up soon, but he didn’t. An hour later, he was still downstairs, so I went downstairs and took my shower. I turned everything off in the room. I didn’t want to leave the heater or the water pot on while no one was in the room. He was still downstairs after I took my shower. I turned down the hot water and went back upstairs. 


I decided to watch an episode of Slow Horses tonight and I did. It was the final episode of season two and it was a humdinger. I have really been enjoying this season. I know there are more episodes to look forward to. F came up to the room and was his incredibly annoying noisy self. He kept trying to talk to me about something, but I’m afraid I wasn’t listening. He does this quite often recently, talks to me when I’m involved in something that I can’t miss and I get rather annoyed. I’m not allowed to talk to him when he’s reading something in Japanese but he gets to talk all over my programmes? Hmm. Don’t see the fairness there.


Anyway, I turned off the TV before midnight and F tried to go to bed. He’s been tossing and turning for ages. He says he can’t sleep, but he was sleeping noisily earlier. No idea what’s up with him. 


He should be back at work tomorrow and I’m not sure what I’m going to get up to. I have to cook dinner and if I’m smart I might wash some laundry, but lately, I haven’t been smart. I also might get a start on packing my friend’s present so I can take it downtown and mail it to her. We’ll see. 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my Monday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: