March 28, 2024

Thursday - Sunny and windy


My alarm went off this morning and woke me up. I made a trip downstairs and while I was there, I heard someone unlock the door. I thought F was back for a visit and prepared to say hi, but it was F’s sister. She had a reason to be there, but I didn’t find out about it until later. I find it annoying that she just comes into the house without ringing the doorbell or whatever. She was taking K to the doctor for a checkup or something. I said hi and then went back upstairs.


I got dressed and then went back to bed for a little while. I didn’t really fall asleep although I did try. 


When I got up I went downstairs and grabbed my breakfast. To be honest, I didn’t really grab it today, I made it. I had porridge again and it was lovely. 


I had a quiet afternoon today. I watched the news and some YouTube. When I went downstairs to get my lunch, I had my usual food. I came back upstairs and, you guessed it, watched another episode of Fringe. It was good!


F called a little after 5 pm to say he was on his way back. I went downstairs to start dinner and did a bit of prep before I started cooking. I also had to clean up the area around the sink as there were many things not put away. 


Tonight’s dinner was a pork stir-fry with rice, salad and spaghetti salad. Unfortunately, when I went through to the living room to check on the rice, I discovered that F had set it all up, but he hadn’t hit the start button. Oh dear! Luckily, we still had some bachelor pack rice left, so I used that instead. 


I called F down and we had a nice meal. No one had seconds which made me a little sad, but I thought the meal was good. 


I did the dishes and listened to my podcasts. When I finished, I said goodnight to K and F and went upstairs. I watched some YouTube and then at 11pm watched The Rookie. It was quite a good episode and I think they closed off the storyline of the young female cop that Nathan Fillion is training.  I also kept my hands busy while I was watching. I started a hat! I’m going to try and knit a hat using a pattern I found ages ago. I cast it on tonight, I hope that I can do some work on it over the next few weeks. My hands aren’t enjoying it as the needles are tiny, so they are cramping a bit.


F didn’t come upstairs until midnight or thereabouts. I was starting to worry about him if I’m honest! He went to bed, but he wasn’t sleeping yet. Well, he might have dropped off finally.


I’m not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow. I’ll probably cook dinner and after that, we’ll see. I’d like to relax a bit before the weekend. 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow…. 




No comments: