March 29, 2024

Friday - Rainy early on, clearing later in the day


I woke up this morning before my alarm went off. I went downstairs and then came upstairs and went back to bed. I didn’t sleep very well though, I couldn’t really turn off my brain for ages.


I got up later and grabbed breakfast. I came upstairs, ate, watched the news and a bit of YouTube. I did a little bit of knitting today too. I had to count the stitches because I thought I gained one or two last night. I did! I took a little bit back and then I knitted another row. 


I had an early-ish lunch and of course, watched an episode of Fringe. Have I mentioned lately that I’m really enjoying watching that show? 


F called a little after 5:15 and said he was on his way back. A few minutes later, I went downstairs and got started on dinner. As I was making pasta, I couldn’t do too much in advance, but I did a little. 


F got back and suggested that we go to Costco tomorrow. I wasn’t sure about it, but then I thought, why not! I said okay, so it seems like we are going to go to Yamagata City tomorrow. 


I cooked dinner and got it on the table. I tried something interesting today. I put some dried onion flakes into the pasta water and then boiled the pasta. It added a little something to the pasta and it was nice. 


Dinner was good and F had seconds for a change. I was surprised at that, but glad too. After dinner, I cleared the table and did all the dishes and put things away too. 


I changed my clothes and a few minutes later F and I went out. He wanted to get some food for his mother for tomorrow. We went through the store and picked things up, then we went to the drugstore. I went in there to pick up a few things. I paid and left.


F did offer to take me somewhere else, but I didn’t really want to go. Tomorrow F wants to leave fairly early, so I didn’t want to stay out very late. 


We came back to the house and F put away his groceries. I came upstairs but after half an hour, I went downstairs to take a shower. I showered and then came back upstairs.


I had a quiet rest of the evening. I’m watching a bit of YouTube and trying to relax. Tomorrow I’m not sure when we’ll leave. F often wants to leave early, but he loses things so we can’t leave on time!


Anyway, come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….


No comments: