March 27, 2024

Wednesday - Sunny and warm


I woke up a couple of times this morning. F got up around 9 and said he had to go to the bank. Then he asked me to phone him. He couldn’t find his phone. I was sleeping and I didn’t have my glasses on so it was very hard to make my phone work. Finally, it did, but we couldn’t hear his phone at all. He found his phone later. It was outside! He must have dropped it when he paid the taxi last night, and then someone saw it on the road and put it on the neighbour's fence so it wouldn’t get damaged. Whew!


F went off to the bank and left me alone. I went back to sleep. Yay me. I finally dragged myself out of bed and I got dressed. F came back and was going to go to bed. I asked if he wanted to have lunch or if I should go and have my breakfast. I was okay either way!  He chose to take me out for lunch. He suggested one of the restaurants along the shore so off we drove.


And…when we got there…both of the restaurants were closed.  We drove back into Tsuruoka and went to the Grand ElSun. Unfortunately, F didn’t feel like eating, so he had coffee and nearly fell asleep. I had the grilled pork lunch. It was very nice.


After lunch, F was still feeling bad, but he very nicely agreed to drive me to the Main Post Office. I went in and was able to send my parcel quite quickly. However, I also wanted to make a deposit at the post office account, so that took ages. The bank in the post office doesn’t seem to be the most efficient place I’ve ever seen. To be fair though, I’m sure they were doing other work when customers weren’t in front of them. 


I finally made my deposit and went back to the car. We were going to go back to the house, but I reminded F that he was supposed to pick up his new glasses today. He checked his receipt and I was right. He decided to drive out to Mikawa and pick them up. 


We had a nice drive except near the mall, someone made a turn and went too far. Instead of going to the other side of the island, they went into our lane. That meant all of a sudden a car was coming towards us. F slowed and stopped, honked his horn and the person must have twigged about what happened. Anyway, they turned their car and went behind a bunch of people and went in the right direction in the far lane from us. Yikes. 


We parked at the mall, F went to get his glasses and after that, I asked him what he wanted to do. He wanted some ramen! What could I say? I got an expensive nice lunch, so I told him to go for it. He got some and I decided to go for ice cream at Baskin Robbins. The line was so long that it took ages. I felt a bit sorry for their staff.  I got my favourite Jamoca Almond Fudge and tried a new-to-me flavour, Chocolate Mousse Royale. That was very nice. I would have it again if I could. I grabbed a drink from a vending machine and then we drove back to Tsuruoka. 


We came back to the house for a while and F took a nap. I spent time on my computer and I watched the news that I had recorded during the day. 


F finally went downstairs and made something for K’s dinner. He seemed surprised that she was hungry but I pointed out that he hadn’t brought her any lunch like I had suggested!


After she ate, we decided to go out for dinner. I suggested maybe going for Keiten sushi. F still didn’t want to eat a lot of food and didn’t feel like anything heavy. We went and had a few dishes of sushi. We had some tempura too and also shared an order of fries with mayo and rayu oil. 


When we left Kappa Sushi we went to the grocery store and I went in and did a bit of shopping. I needed to pick up a few things and did. F waited in the car, which is something that I really prefer! 


We came back to the house and I put away the groceries. I went upstairs, changed and then did the garbage upstairs in our room. I had a bit of trouble with F trying to do some annoying stuff with the garbage, but whatever. 


I did the garbage downstairs too which wasn’t too bad, just annoying! I think I got it ready. I left it in the genkan for F to take outside later. 


F noticed that a bill needed to be paid right away, so he went off to the convenience store. I took a shower while he was away. I needed one!


Back in the room a bit later, I watched an episode of Fringe tonight. It was a good one if a little bit sad. I turned off the TV when it was over. 


I spent a couple of minutes with F a bit later and then came back to my computer and watched some YouTube. I’ve been working on my blog and a few other things. 

So, that’s it. I’m out of things to say for a change! If F is still feeling bad he might take the day off. I hope he does go to work as I need a bit of me-time! He’s a dear, but I need a little break from him.


Come back later if you like and hear all about my Thursday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: