March 3, 2024

Sunday - Snowy and rainy and cold


I woke up the first time this morning before 10 am and I went downstairs. I saw F in the living room with his mother. I went back upstairs and went back to bed. I fell asleep again and then I didn’t wake up until the afternoon! Oops.


F woke me up and asked if we should go for lunch. The answer was yes of course. He had a good idea for a place to go, so I got up and dressed. We drove to the first place F thought of and it was closed. And so was the second place! We decided to go to Arpeggio since we were fairly close. We walked over to the restaurant and went in. We got a table and sat down.


Unfortunately, F’s favourite meal was finished for the day and the one I was looking forward to trying was too. Oh well. I had tonkatsu and F had katsu curry. I liked mine quite a bit, but F didn’t quite as much.


After our meal, we talked about what to do next. F wanted to just go back to the house, but I suggested getting our grocery shopping done. We went over to Izmo, our old grocery store and I went in and did the shopping. I got something for dinner for the next two nights and also a bento for K and something for her lunch tomorrow. And something for my breakfast and lunch too. 


We came back to the house and after I put the groceries away, I went upstairs. F stayed downstairs and didn’t come upstairs for a couple of hours. Around 6 F came upstairs and suggested going for dinner. I was fine with that. 


I got my coat and got ready to go out. I suggested going to Hard Off (it’s a second-hand chain shop) to look for a pot to replace the one that broke. Near that store, there’s a restaurant that we go to sometimes that serves ramen and curry. I suggested that we go there too. We drove to Hard Off and took a quick look at the cooking area. They didn’t have anything that I wanted, so we went over to the restaurant. We went in and were able to get a table. I was afraid that we’d be too late. F had ramen and I had curry. Sadly, neither of us liked our meals, but mine was filling so that was good. 


We came back to the house via a gas station so that F could fill up our kerosene tanks. With the weather being so cold over the last few days we have gone through a bit of kerosene. 


Back at the house, it seemed that F had forgotten to take out the kerosene so I reminded him! He put it away and I went upstairs. 


We had a quiet evening. F had his headphones on for most of the night. I watched a couple of shows off the Fire Stick. I saw another episode of Slow Horses and one of Fringe. Both were really good. Fringe had Peter Weller in it which was cool. 


F went to bed and I’m still up, but I’m nearly done for tonight. I’m not really sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow until dinner time. Then I’m going to have to cook dinner and do all that fun stuff!


Come back later if you like and hear all about my Monday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: