March 30, 2024

Saturday - Sunny and warm


Well, today was different!  I woke up before my alarm but dozed on for a few more minutes until my alarm actually went off. I went downstairs. K hadn’t quite left yet. F was up and was just about to wash the toilet room floor. I’m not sure why he needed to do this now, but whatever.


I got dressed and waited for F to do whatever he was planning to do. He didn’t think I was ready, but of course I was. We left the house around 10 am, made a trip to the bank, and then went to Gusto for breakfast. 


Breakfast was quite good today and we left sometime around 11am. We drove off towards Yamagata City. Unfortunately, F became a little under the weather along the way.  We stopped a couple of times for breaks. 


In Yamagata, we decided to have lunch. I requested yakiniku and F was okay with that. We went to a good place and after a 40-minute wait, were seated and had a really nice meal. We had part of their lunch special. We had bibinba and some yakiniku meat, we added on kimchi for each of us and drinks and, a roasted onion done in a stone bowl. That one was really interesting and quite delicious. 


After our lunch, we hit up a drugstore for F to get some medicine for himself and then we headed directly to Costco.  


We were lucky enough to get a parking space near the building AND quite convenient. We went in and after a few minutes of touring the store with F, he finally left me to do my shopping. I did quite a bit. I didn’t need huge amounts of stuff this time, but I got a few things I hadn’t tried before and more than I had. I texted F to tell him that I was going to check out and then I did. The bill came to exactly ¥20000! One of the workers told me it might be my lucky day. 


We took the groceries to the car and packed them away, then we went back inside and I had a drink and an ice cream.  The flavour today was raspberry yogurt, so I had that in a mix with regular vanilla ice cream. It was very nice. 


We left Costco after F gassed up the car at the Costco gas station, then got on the road. We made a stop at Yamaya and I bought a lot of things I shouldn’t have! After that, back on the road.


We did make a stop at Sagae as usual, but apart from that, we drove straight back to Tsuruoka. We came back to the house and unpacked the car. F put some of the stuff away, and I put the rest away. 


We went out for our dinner and after a bit of discussion, decided to go for udon. It wasn’t my favourite place, but F’s still a bit under the weather so I wanted him to have something easy to digest. F had udon with a raw egg and some tempura, I had niku udon (meat udon) plus tempura.


We came back to the house after dinner and I changed into my pyjamas as I needed to relax! I watched FBI at 11pm and did some knitting too. After midnight the TV was off and I turned to YouTube and my computer.


And I’m still there! Some interesting news though. One of my close friends is in Japan from England. She was my manager once upon a time. She’s asked if I can come down and visit, so I’ll be away on Tuesday. I’ll spend a night in Niigata too because I don’t want to spend so much time on a train in one day. So, that’s hopefully going to be fun. I’ll get to see my friend and spend some time away from Tsuruoka. Woot. 


Anyway, I’ve got to get some sleep now. I’m tired!


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: