March 31, 2024

Sunday - Sunny and warm 


I slept in this morning and it was lovely. I really enjoyed it.  I did eventually get up and got dressed. A little while later, F came upstairs and we decided to go for brunch. After a little discussion, we ended up at Arpeggio. 


At Arpeggio, we were able to get in almost right away. We both had the new menu item, chicken fingers with rice pickles and soup. Lunch was really nice and we enjoyed it a lot.  On the way back to the car, we made a stop into a building near the restaurant. They were displaying some of the Hina Dolls. I didn’t really want to go, but F did, so we did. We had to go upstairs to see the dolls. The staircase was one of those horrid old-style Japanese staircases that was more ladder than stairs. The dolls were old and gorgeous, but there was no information in English so I had to ask F questions that he didn’t know the answers to. When we left, I went down the stairs backwards. 


We next went to the station so I could check the times for the train on Tuesday. I thought the trains were changing times tomorrow, but it turns out that they already changed their times! I used the machine to book my tickets, but even though it was in English, it wasn’t user-friendly. I paid for my tickets, but it was too little money. F didn’t believe me at first, but he checked on his phone and I checked on mine, and I was correct, the amount I paid was about half of the actual fare. We decided to ask at the office so joined the long queue to talk to the ticket guy. Sure enough, I was right. I hadn’t paid for the train tickets, just the Limited Express fees! I bought the other tickets and then we were on our way. 


We went to the grocery store and picked up some groceries for the next couple of days. I offered to make curry for tomorrow night so that he doesn’t have to cook after work on Tuesday when I’m away. I also picked up a few other things for the family.


We came back to the house and dropped off the groceries. I put them away and then F and I went off. K was with her daughter today so we were glad for her.


We drove to Mikawa and that was fun. Halfway there, F started to turn to go to his office. I had to remind him that we weren’t going there! We went to the mall in Mikawa and bought tickets to go and see Oppenheimer. F went back to the car to get his phone…he was going to be in a movie for 3 hours, why did he need his phone? Curious minds want to know. I bought the popcorn and drinks, and then just went into the cinema. I parked the refreshments and went to the ‘loo! I did bump into F on his way in so that was good. On my way back, I followed a young guy with a tray and he didn’t notice but he dropped his straw. I picked it up and had to follow him up to his seat to give it back to him. It was wrapped in plastic, so hopefully no harm was done. 


Oppenheimer was really good. I thought it was very interesting and well-acted and directed. I talked about it with F after the movie because I wanted his opinion about it and how he felt about it. It was the kind of movie that you need to talk about afterward.


We came back to Tsuruoka and went for dinner at Haretoke. It’s a bar/restaurant that serves Italian food. We had the quatro-fromage pizza again and also shared an order of pasta. That was peperoncino with spring cabbage and baby squid. It was delicious. 


We came back to the house after dinner and basically came back to the room. F went to bed right away but hasn’t slept well. I feel a bit sorry for him. He’s awake again and it is really late. 


So, that’s it for today. Tomorrow I have to get my suitcase or whatever I use to get ready and also make curry for dinner. 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow…. 

No comments: