April 1, 2024

Monday - Sunny but rainy at night


I woke up this morning before F got up. That was unusual. I had to get up and go downstairs. By the time I returned, F was getting up and getting ready for work. I did go back to bed while he was getting ready, but I didn’t fall asleep again immediately.


I woke up a bit later than I expected. My alarm didn’t really go off. I got up and got dressed. I went downstairs, grabbed my breakfast and then came upstairs again to eat.  I think K was away then, but I’m not sure. F’s sister took her out today and over to her late brother’s home. It was nice having the house to myself!


I packed for my trip tomorrow. I’ve decided to take just my backpack. I’ll have another bag that I have to take with me, but hopefully I’ll manage. I hope I haven’t overpacked. I probably did a bit, but I hope I didn’t go too overboard.


For lunch, I went downstairs and got my stuff. I ate and watched an episode of Fringe. It was about Olivia and Peter as children and wasn’t as good as many of the other recent ones. It was still enjoyable though. 


F called to say he was coming back and I went downstairs to start dinner. However, it took ages. 


Tonight I made curry and for some reason, it just took a long time to cook. It did turn out well though. Unfortunately, K wasn’t back yet. She’d eaten with her daughter…fair game to her, but she missed out on tonight’s curry. She’ll have to have some tomorrow when I’m away! I left the extra in the fridge for F to heat up and serve. 


After dinner, I cleaned up the kitchen and put all the dishes away. I went upstairs for a bit of a break and later I took a shower. 


I came back upstairs and watched Project Runway. It was good tonight and I think the right person was sent home again, although I’m not sure. I did some knitting through the show. I’m nearly at the point where I have to change needles. That will be nice.


Well, this is it for me. I won’t be updating tomorrow as I’m spending the night in Niigata. I’m going to visit with a friend of mine. She doesn’t live in Japan anymore so we hardly ever get to meet up. If I’m tired on Wednesday, I won’t update, but as long as I’m okay, I’ll try and post something! Come back later if you like and read all about my days. Until tomorrow….

No comments: