April 12, 2024

 Friday - Sunny and hot


I woke up this morning before my alarm again. F was long gone (he told me he left early around 6am) and then I went downstairs. I came back upstairs, changed a little bit and took a nap. I crossed my fingers when I went back to bed that I would wake up in time to go out. 


I did! I got up around 10 and started to get dressed. I did some of my usual morning things and even watched the early news that I haven’t been watching lately. I went downstairs around 11am and then came back upstairs to finish getting dressed. I left the house around 11:30 and walked to the bus stop. The bus was around 5 minutes late, but I didn’t mind too much. It was also almost empty. Yay! 


I rode the bus all the way to S-Mall. Going past the park was lovely and anywhere there were cherry trees they looked so beautiful. 


At S-Mall I checked the lunch at the hotel and it was something that I wouldn’t like. Next week they will have something I’d actually like. Darn! Bad timing.  Instead, I went to La Naturalitie, a French restaurant for lunch. It was a little spendy, but it had lovely food and I was in the mood to treat myself. Today I had the Yamabushi Pork and it came with lots of veggies, some bread, rice and a vegetable plate to begin with.  I also got dessert and a drink with my meal. It wasn’t cheap, but I do think it was reasonable and delicious. 


I went back to the mall for a little while and visited the hundred yen shop. I picked up a few things and then went off to my hairdresser’s salon. I arrived just before my appointment and we discussed what I wanted to do with my hair. After that, I was pampered and ended up leaving and feeling renewed. My hair looks great. I have it really short again which I like and in summer I need!


I went back to S-Mall after my cut. I roamed a little, had an ice cream and then went to Doutor when I thought F might be finishing work soon.  I had a decaf iced latte and it was lovely. It also made me rather cold! Since it was nearly 6 pm and I hadn’t heard from F, I sent him a text. He sent me one back saying that he was on his way!


I bought him a drink when he arrived and a few minutes later he announced that he was feeling really bad. He wanted to go out to the car and wait for me. I was quite confused since he seemed fine a few minutes before. He suggested I go to the grocery store and buy groceries. I let him know that I wasn’t going to cook tonight! We left the mall.


F drove me to the closest grocery store and I went in and looked for bentos for the three of us. I picked some and paid and left. F brought me back to the house and he headed upstairs to bed.


I heated up a bento for K and then one for myself. I sat with her in the living room and we had dinner. After that, I washed the glasses and then the bento boxes. I went upstairs after I said goodnight to K. 


I watched three episodes of Fringe and they were very good. I need to finish the show before the end of the month so I need to watch as many as I can. I am enjoying this show a lot.


I also ordered myself a set of double-pointed knitting needles so that I can finish my hat. I was surprised at how expensive some of them were. I almost bought a big set as the price was reasonable. However, I looked at the comments and they said the set arrived rusty and unfinished, so I decided not to get that set. I hope they’ll arrive soon and be good, the bamboo ones I ordered that is. 


That’s about it for me for today. If F is feeling better tomorrow we might be able to go and see a movie in the evening. I’m not sure what else we’ll get up to. 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….


No comments: