April 19, 2024

Friday - Cloudy, rainy and cooler


I woke up before my alarm this morning, I went downstairs and then came back upstairs and got changed. I tried to go back to sleep for a while, but the housebuilding nearby was really noisy and I just couldn’t fall asleep. I ended up getting up a bit earlier than usual and watching the news on TV. 


I grabbed my breakfast and tried to decide if K was still at the house or if she was out (I think she was in). I came upstairs to eat and then a bit later, I took a nap. I did manage to sleep for a few minutes and woke up feeling refreshed.


I made my lunch around 2:30 and then came back upstairs. I did watch Fringe today, two episodes, and they were fabulous. One of the episodes that I watched was like it was from a different series…it took the story and turned it on its head.  I was blown away. It worked, but wow!


F called around 5:15 and said he was on his way back. He wanted to stop at a grocery store to get things for himself. He asked if I wanted anything so I suggested getting something for dessert. 


I went downstairs and got started on dinner. F came back and had bought some ice cream for us all. That went into the freezer. I asked him if he wanted me to cook right away or if I should serve dinner at 7 pm. He said right away, so I got on with dinner. We had pasta with a store-bought sauce, ham and salad. We also had the ice cream that F bought too. 


F didn’t like the pasta, but I did. I did the dishes and they didn’t take too long tonight since I’d only used one pan and just a few plates. I went upstairs when I was finished.  


I was working on my knitting when F came up and asked if I wanted to go out. Nope. He offered to take me out for karaoke but that surprised me a bit. I was planning to take a shower in a bit so I didn’t want to go out! 


I watched a bit of YouTube and then went and took my shower. When I finished I came upstairs and watched an episode of The Great British Sewing Bee. It made a nice change!


F went to sleep a bit earlier. I’m a little sad. He’s spent the evening as he does, with an earphone in or a pair of headphones on. I have things that I want to talk to him about but I refuse to talk to him about important things when he’s only listening to me with one ear. And, he’s always only listening to me with one ear. When he bothers to listen at all. 


Well, that’s about it for me for today. Tomorrow we have a doctor’s appointment and I hope that we’ll go and see a movie at Machi-kine in the evening too. 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my Saturday. Until tomorrow….


No comments: