April 20, 2024

Saturday - Warm but muggy


Today was an odd day, but it wasn’t terrible. Hurray for that. 


I dragged myself out of bed this morning and got dressed for going to the Doctor’s office. We got there on time but were honestly almost the last people seen! The good thing about sitting in the waiting room is that I got a lot of my book read.  I’ve been keeping Jennifer Weiner’s The Breakaway for reading in the waiting room. It does mean that I don’t read it for a while between appointments. 


We picked up our medicines and then we had to decide where to eat. Before we went out, F mentioned that he wanted to change his car tyres but couldn’t loosen some of the bolts. He wanted to take his car to the dealership so that they could undo the stuck bolts for him. The car dealership is next to Cocos, so I suggested going there for lunch.


We went to the car place and F asked them to undo the bolts for him, and that we wanted to go for lunch. So, we did and they did.


Cocos was a tad busy at first, but we did get seated right away. I ordered for us but something went wrong! I was supposed to order spicy Caribe chicken for F with large rice, but what came was plain chicken with a bun. I had planned to get that at one point. My order was fine, I had a burger with a bun. I think I was checking to see if I had ordered my bun correctly and I may have deleted F’s order. Oh dear. It  didn’t seem to matter to F and he ate it anyway. I would have been rather annoyed, but he was fine.


After lunch, we picked up the car and went back to the house as K was due to come back soonish. F stayed downstairs and he changed the tyres on the car. I watched YouTube upstairs and then took a mini nap.


F finished and then went downstairs to make his mother dinner. I suggested using one of the packets of food that I bought for just such a situation. 20 minutes later he came upstairs to tell me that he made her a bunch of other things because he couldn’t find the packets. He didn’t look properly! I took him into the kitchen later and showed him. Eye roll. 


He did have a bit of a snit fit at me which I didn’t think was called for. He decided he wasn’t going to the movie tonight and he wanted to have ramen. I told him it was fine, he should go and have his ramen and I would go and see the movie alone on Monday. A couple of minutes later he said he wanted to go to the movie. 


Thus began our attempt to find a decent dinner. I had suggested a Chinese restaurant nearby. F liked the idea, but then went with an idea to go to a more expensive dinner. However, when we got there, it wasn’t open. Then, I suggested another family style restaurant but it was busy and the parking was full. So, he decided to go back to the Chinese restaurant. We got there. It was busy and they said we couldn’t be seated for 40 minutes. It was already 7:00pm and the movie started at 8:00pm. F asked me if it was okay and of course I said no. 


We ended up at the same gyudon place we went to last week. However, we both ordered meals this time and they did arrived in decent time. I had chicken breasts deep fried and F had pork. It wasn’t a great meal, but it was okay. 


We ate our meals and then zoomed off to the cinema. There were more people watching today’s movie de jour than last week, but it still wasn’t too crowded. The cinema was darn cold though. We went to see First Cow and it was good. It was a little slow, but I enjoyed learning about this time and place. 


After the movie, we went to MaxValu to pick up some food and snacks. I tried to find something at the deli that I wanted, but there wasn’t anything. I did pick up a couple of things at the bakery. 


We came back to the house and I went upstairs so I could watch FBI. It was a decent episode. Then, the TV went off and I got stuck into YouTube and blogging. F stayed up a bit later than usual, but is sleeping away now. 


I’m not sure what we’ll get up to tomorrow. I have to do all my usual shopping stuff to get ready for the week ahead. I’m hoping that we’ll have a bit of time to goof off or at least enjoy each other’s company. However, the earphone does seem attached to F’s ear, so I’m not sure that will ever happen.


Come back later if you like and hear all about my Sunday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: