April 21, 2024

Sunday - Hot and sunny


I slept in this morning and it was lovely! I woke up first around 9 am, made a trip downstairs and then came back and went to sleep again! Around 11:30, F came up to our room and suggested going for lunch. He had a couple of good ideas for places to go.


We went to a cafe that we only visited once before. It’s a cafe that serves mostly curry, it was nice. I enjoyed our lunch, F wasn’t so sure!  We both had the hirekatsu curry. I had mine with a lassi, F had hot coffee. 


After lunch, we picked up a bento for K’s lunch and brought it back to the house to give it to her. I came upstairs and changed my jacket. It was quite warm and I was wearing a warm jacket today.  


F and I drove over to the nearby park and went to the craft fair. The fair was probably great, but I was rather annoyed at my husband. He would look at stuff that I had no interest in, and every time I stopped to look at stuff he had no interest in my stuff! The best thing would have been to split up and then meet later, but neither of us suggested it.  We didn’t buy anything so it was rather a waste of time. 


After the fair, I suggested going to Komeda Coffee and getting something to drink. We haven’t been there in ages so that’s what we did. We were seated quickly and decided to have the cake and coffee option. I had the iced caffeine-less coffee and a cafe au lait layer cake. Yum.  We spent a bit of quiet time there and just relaxed, then went and did our grocery shopping. 


F came in the grocery store with me and it was okay. He does have the tendency to make me go down aisles that I don’t need to go down, which is a bit annoying!


We paid for the groceries and I packed them. F only brought in a small bag, so I had to use one of my own shopping bags. Oh well.  After our shopping, we hit up a drugstore for F and then came back to the house. 


I put the groceries away and headed upstairs. F was supposed to give his mother some dinner, but he didn’t for a while. We talked about where to go for dinner, but it took us a while to go too. Our first choice closed early so we went to Kula Sushi.


We had an okay dinner at Kula. It isn’t the best sushi there, but I enjoyed most of it. I did have some that I didn’t like much. F won a prize from the lottery system…I think he’s going to put it on the fridge!


When we left the restaurant, we walked over to the  drugstore in the parking lot and I bought a few things there. I bought a drink for both F and I amongst other things. 


We came back to the house and I came upstairs. After a bit of YouTube catching up, I fired up the Fire Disk and watched an episode of Fringe. While I watched Fringe, I did some more work on my hat. I have started decreasing for the top! Woot. After that, I tried to sign into Apple TV+, but it wouldn’t open. I ended up watching an episode of The Big Bang Theory. It was fine.


And that was my day. It was quite a good one, but I did a lot of walking and my legs aren’t too happy with me. Sigh. 


I’m not sure what I’m going to get up to tomorrow. Come back later if you like and find out. Until tomorrow….

No comments: