April 6, 2024

Saturday - Warm and sunny


I woke up too early this morning. It was before 7 am. I made a trip downstairs and then went back to bed. I didn’t feel that great in all honesty. I woke up again around 9:30, made another trip downstairs and then went back to sleep for a little longer. I just didn’t feel all that well. 


F came upstairs and wanted to go for lunch. I wanted to eat something but wasn’t sure what. I Google-mapped restaurants and suggested going to Simon. We haven’t been there in ages as it was closed when we went. We went in and were just able to get in before they called last order.  We had today’s lunch special. It was a beef cutlet with a curry sauce. Their curry sauce is tomato-based, so I asked that I not get it and they were fine with that. The rest of the meal was fine. It was quite delicious. I enjoyed my meal a lot, with one exception. I found a piece of plastic in my soup. That was weird. I thought it was a fish scale or something at first, but it was plastic. 


We came back to the house after lunch. We both spent time upstairs, but F went downstairs to wait for his mother to return after a bit. I went back to bed and had a snooze for a little while. When I woke up, I went downstairs and asked F if he still wanted to go out in the evening. Happily, he said he did, so a few minutes later, the two of us went off in the car. 


At first, we went to the grocery store and bought a bento for K. We delivered it and then we drove out to Mikawa. We were a bit early so we just sat outside the theater in the mall. Finally, they opened our cinema and F went in. I got the popcorn and drinks and then I went in too. We went to see Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire. It was okay. I didn’t hate it as much as Mark Kermode for example, but I would only say that I liked it a bit. I liked the parts, but not the whole thing. Does that make sense?


After the movie, we talked about going for dinner. As usual, F had no idea where to go and no ideas. I didn’t really have any either, so I turned to Google Maps again and a nearby restaurant came up. It suggested an okonomiyaki restaurant. F agreed and we went over. We were able to ask for a table instead of a floor seat so that was good. I picked a spicy okonomiyaki with kimchi and F picked a Hiroshima-style one. I’m not sure why, but F mixed up the kimchi one and started to cook it. I handed over the other one to him and suggested that since he could read the instruction sheet and I couldn’t that he cook that one too. I took over the cooking of the kimchi one. F read the instructions but I don’t think he actually understood them! Anyway, we finally had our okonomiyaki and they were pretty good. I liked my Seoul one best, F liked his Hiroshima-style one most. 


We came back to the house after that and I watched FBI at 11:00 and then a whole lot of YouTube! F is in bed now and seems very asleep too. 


That’s about it for me for today. Tomorrow I’m not sure what we’ll get up to. I know that we should do some grocery shopping, but I hope we’ll have some fun too.  


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow…. 

No comments: