May 8, 2024

 Wednesday - Colder and rainy


I woke up a bit after my alarm went off. I got up, went downstairs and then came back to the room and changed some clothing. I did go back to bed, but to be honest, I just didn’t sleep. I finally just decided to get up. 


I went downstairs for my breakfast and brought it back upstairs. I ate, watched YouTube again and then the news at 12:30. 


I had a quiet afternoon. I did a row of my hat, and I relaxed a bit. 


I went downstairs to get my lunch around 2 and then came upstairs to eat it. I watched an episode of The Great British Sewing Bee while I ate and really enjoyed it. It’s funny, I don’t sew these days, but I enjoy watching other people sew. I watched the news at 4 pm and then F called me after 5 pm to say he was on his way back. I went downstairs a tad early to start dinner.


Tonight I was making Gapao rice, or at least my version of it, and I also made an eggplant dish for the side too. It needed to sit in the fridge for as long as possible, so I did it first. 


F came back to the house and I asked him to come down and help me at the end, just before we ate. He’s put the rice cooker in the living room, so I asked him to put the rice in the dishes for me and then bring them back to the kitchen. I still had to add the meat and then the fried egg on top of it. 


He showed up just before I was ready, but that was okay. I finished up quickly and then he brought back the dishes with rice.  Everything got on the table and was appreciated. We had a nice meal!


I did the dishes and listened to my podcasts, and then I prepared the garbage in the kitchen to go out. It wasn’t too bad for a change, but it was a bit annoying. K has some crazy ways of doing her garbage and F doesn’t do anything garbage-wise on the weekend. I put the bag in the genkan and then went upstairs to change. 


F came back upstairs and we got ready to go out. We went over to Mina, the local big grocery store and I went in. Yay. I just enjoy going in alone so much more! I bought a couple of things for the next two night’s dinners. I’m getting lazy for one of the meals, I just am a bit tired of cooking and I’ve got a bit of a knee problem at the moment, so standing in the kitchen isn’t fun. 


The grocery store didn’t have the kind of cereal that I liked, so I asked to go to the drug store to check to see if they had it. Sadly, they didn’t. I did buy some cereal there though anyway.


We came back to the house and I put away the groceries. I went upstairs after that.  I watched an episode of Sugar again and did a bit of knitting too. I must have made a mistake in the pattern that I’m trying to put into this one, so I took some of the row back, but in the end, I just gave up on that!


I turned off the TV at midnight and started working on my blog and other computer things. 


And that’s where I am now. F’s in bed, but I’m not sure that he’s sleeping. I’ll be heading to bed soon as I am rather tired tonight. 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….






No comments: