September 28, 2024

Saturday - Cloudy, hot and humid


Yesterday, F and I went to Costco and things went really well. We left on time, had breakfast in Tsuruoka and then lunch in Yamagata. We did a little shopping at the mall and then went on to Costco. I got a lot of the things we needed and a few things we didn’t!


We had a snack at Costco and then drove back to Tsuruoka. In Tsuruoka, we dropped off our food first. I did some putting of bagels in the freezer and other things into the fridge. 


F and I went and had a light meal at Cocos. Well, he had a light meal, I had pasta. We came back to the house and relaxed. F went to bed, then I did quite late.


This morning I got up around 10 and around 11:00 I went down to see F. He was not in a good mood since he was having a meeting with his mother’s case worker again. I said that I didn’t want to join him, and he said that he didn’t want me there. I said that I could just hide out upstairs, but he didn’t want me in the house at all. He also didn’t want to come out for lunch with me. Sigh. So, I left.


I caught the bus downtown. I got off near Ginza-dori and then walked down the street. I was thinking of trying a cafe in the community center, but the chairs looked uncomfortable and the menu wasn’t that exciting for me either.


I ended up at Arpeggio and got a seat at the counter. I had a nice meal there and even added decaf coffee at the end as I had time. 


From there, I walked down to Machi-ne Kinema and went to see One Life with Anthony Hopkins. It was quite good and I enjoyed it. It was a weepy movie, but done well, without being the best movie ever. lt’s about a man in the Second World War who tries to bring refugee children from Czechoslovakia to Britain. Many years later he wondered what to do with some of his records and tries to find a new home for them. It is based on a true story.


From the cinema, I tried to find the best place to catch a bus down to the Mall. I ended up walking a bit, but that was okay. From the old bank building, I caught the bus. It was fine. I cruised the hundred yen shop but didn’t buy anything. I cruised the grocery store and got quite a few things. Oh well. 

From there, I had ice cream at Baskin-Robbins and then went to Doutor and had a sandwich and a rooibos tea. I read my book and finished it. It was very good. Then, I texted F to see if he really would come and get me. He said he would and a few minutes later he came into the coffee shop and we left.


He did offer to take me out to get my dinner, but he didn’t want to eat. I suggested just taking me to a drive-through and that’s what we did. I had a kara-age bento which was okay. It was a lot like my lunch if I’m honest.


We came back to the house and F said he was tired. I said I’d go upstairs to eat. He came up around 9:30 or so. He went to bed and slept. I took a nap until 10:30 or so and then got up again. I watched my CSI: Las Vegas at 11pm and then turned off the TV.


F has been sleeping for hours which is probably a good thing. He said earlier that he should have gone to the doctor…it was his choice not to today. 


I didn’t ask him how the care-worker thing went. To be honest, I don’t care. He is the one responsible for his mother’s care and no one asks my opinions or thoughts anyway. 


I have no idea what I’ll get up to on Sunday. If he’s going to be a jerk again, I’ll go off on my own again. I honestly had a great day today by myself. I didn’t have to make other people happy by what I ate or didn’t eat, I could do what I wanted and I didn’t have to worry if someone else was enjoying themselves. It’s making me look forward to my solo trip to Yamagata that is coming up soon. 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: