September 26, 2024

Thursday- Cloudy and very humid


I woke up this morning after my alarm. I went downstairs, came back up and did take a bit of a snooze before I got up. I decided that I’d wait until after breakfast and the news to go downstairs and work on my stew.


I grabbed breakfast and came upstairs to eat. After a bit, I turned off my computer and the TV and then I went downstairs and made a hot pot. I got out my Slow Cooker and washed it, then also washed the veggies I was using. I browned the ground pork and put it in the slow cooker, along with some onions, potatoes and some beef stock. It took a while, and I was dripping with sweat when I finished. Before I started cooking I put in a load of laundry. It was done before I was, sadly! 


It was now lunchtime so I went upstairs with my clothes, hung them up, grabbed the bread and went downstairs to make my lunch. I brought it back upstairs and ate. I tried to watch an episode of Sewing Bee, but it turns out that they only had season one, and I’ve already seen it. I could rewatch it, but I don’t need to. I watched another episode of Major Crimes of course! It was the one where Sharon’s husband shows up and causes chaos in her life. 


F called a bit after 5 and said that he was on his way back, but then I suggested that he get his mother something to eat for tomorrow. He said he would. 


He came back to the house a bit after I was downstairs. He didn’t bring things like bentos as they didn’t have any. I can’t believe he didn’t buy any for her. 


I didn’t take too long to make dinner tonight since it was mostly cooked earlier. I did the little bit of cooking that was needed and set the table. I was able to call F down right around 7pm. 


The stew/hot pot was really nice. I wish I had made more if I’m honest, that way it would have lasted longer! There’s one bowl left, K can have it for lunch or dinner tomorrow if she wants!


I did the dishes and was finished fairly soon. When I finished, I went upstairs and had a lie-down, relax session for a while. I was drained. It was so humid today and I sweated so much that I was exhausted.


I took a shower around 10:40. F was still downstairs, he was doing something with the leftover rice from yesterday. When I finished my shower, I dressed and asked him if he’d like to have some of my root beer. A couple of weeks ago I bought a couple of bottles of Japanese root beer. The label called it a dessert soda. It was okay. It was a bit sweeter than A&W I think, but I would drink it again if there was an emergency or I couldn’t get my favourite stuff!


I came back upstairs and watched an episode of The Red Green Show. It was fun. It was a bit silly, but I enjoyed it. 


That’s about it for my day. Tomorrow if all goes well, we should go to Yamagata City and then to Costco. I have a big list of things that I want to buy. I’m not sure when we’ll get out of here, but I’m hoping before 10 am as I’d like to have breakfast somewhere. I doubt it’ll happen though. It usually doesn’t. 


Anyway, that’s it for me for today. Don’t worry if there isn’t an update tomorrow night. I may skip the night as I will probably be quite tired. 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow (or tomorrow’s tomorrow)….

No comments: