October 10, 2024

Thursday - Cloudy and cooler


Well, I’m back at my desk in Tsuruoka. I’m not sure that I want to be back, but I am. I had a very odd day, but it was quiet, which was good.


I woke up this morning, showered and then did a last-minute pack. I had bought myself something for breakfast, so I ate in my room and then got ready to leave.


I checked out just a couple of minutes past 11:00am. I took my suitcase and my backpack over to the other side of the station and found a locker big enough for them all. I went back into the station and went to the train waiting room and just waited for a while! 


Eventually, I did go for a walk in the building. I thought about going for lunch, but the restaurant was busy. I went to Starbucks instead and spent about 30 minutes there. When I finished there, I went back to the restaurant and I went in. 


I had a lovely lunch at Capricciosa today. I had one of their lunch sets so I had a nice salad, Carbonara and dessert. There was also a drink bar, but I didn’t really take advantage of it. 


When I finished lunch I had about 40 minutes to get my stuff and get over to the bus stop. It wasn’t too bad really. I found a washroom, used it, and then went downstairs and got my stuff out of my locker. I walked slowly over to the bus stop and got into line. 


It was a bit daunting because the Tsuruoka/Sakata stop is the same one as the Sendai stop, so there were two buses at almost the same time. I knew which bus to take, of course, I just didn’t know which line to be in! In the end, the Sendai bus came first and most of the people got on that one. My bus came next and I brought my suitcase to the cargo hold and a worker put it in for me. 


I got on the bus and found a seat. I relaxed and read for a little while, then closed my eyes to relax more. I woke up about an hour later when the bus stopped at one of the stops. I woke up again when I realized that F was phoning me! I couldn’t answer him on the bus, so I texted him and let him know where the bus was.


We arrived at S-Mall and I got off. I got my suitcase. I didn’t see F so I toddled off to the ladies room and when I came out, F was there. He had just finished work, so I wasn’t upset with him at all. 


We went shopping at the grocery store and I bought things for dinner tomorrow, and my lunch tomorrow too. F picked up something for his mother’s dinner and then we headed back to the house.


He gave his mother her dinner, I put some of our stuff away and then I took some of my stuff upstairs. F brought my suitcase upstairs, bless him! He changed into normal clothes and then we left for dinner.


We headed towards a soba restaurant, but it was closed today. We went to Cocos instead. F had beef curry and rice and I had a hamburger steak with a bun and drink bar. We also used one of my coupons to get a small order of fries for free. We shared those. 


After dinner, we came back to the house. I watched a couple of TV programmes that were on tonight. I watched Wild Cards and then Yellowjackets. I enjoyed both of them, although Yellowjackets got highly weird. It’s an interesting series!


And that’s about it. F is sleeping away. He said that he hadn’t been sleeping very well when I was away. On the other hand, I slept really well, except I didn’t sleep enough!


Anyway, that’s me for tonight. I’m back. I had a great time and spent a bit too much money, but did get some things I needed, so that was good.


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….


2 comments:

Kelly said...

It's kind of sweet that he couldn't sleep without you there. I hope you can make up your lost sleep. I loved seeing all your photos, Yamagata looks nice. I've only ever gone past it on the train, but would love to visit one day.

Helen said...

I like Yamagata city quite a lot. It's a smallish city, but has some character.

I sort of caught up on my sleep, by getting sick when I got back to the house! I slept most of Saturday.