Sunday - Wet and rainy, cool
Today was an odd day. I slept in, but we had no plans anyway so big deal. I dragged myself out of bed and dressed before noon and then F came upstairs and wanted to leave right away. No destination in mind but….I begged off and said I wasn’t too hungry yet and I’d like to check my email first.
I gave F a cup of coffee, I had a drink too. After a bit, he was lying on his half of the bed, I was at my computer. My stomach started growling so I told him. A few minutes later I asked if we could go for lunch. He asked me where and I suggested an Indian restaurant. He didn’t want to go. He countered with a gyudon shop. I didn’t want to go there. He announced he wasn’t going anywhere and that was that.
I checked the bus schedule. I had just missed one, but the long way round bus would be by in 15 minutes so I got dressed, asked F if he would pick me up later if I went out. He said no. I grabbed my purse and my Suica card and headed out.
I walked to the bus stop and a couple of minutes later, I got on the empty bus. The bus did pick up a few other passengers along the way. I got off at S-Mall. I ended up having lunch at Pizza Hut Express. It was fine. I did a little shopping at Daiso afterwards and then I decided I’d catch a bus back to the house. I caught the 16:05 bus back to our area. Again, it was the long trip around. I got off at my usual bus stop and walked back to the house.
As I came in the house, F was getting ready to go out. He said he was going to do some shopping. He did ask if I wanted to go with him. I said not really. I did ask him if he wanted me to go with him and he said yes. I said I’d go then but needed a minute first.
F has a memorial service to go to tomorrow and needed a new white shirt to wear. I suggested the same place he was thinking of going, so we went over to Shimamura. He got lucky and they had some in his size. He picked one and some dark socks as well. We checked out and then F asked about dinner. It turns out that he didn’t have any lunch at all. Sigh.
I suggested Gusto which F wasn’t too happy with, but went anyway. We were able to get in right away and ordered. I had some chicken with the nice mushroom sauce that they have on special at the moment. F had steak, it was very thin but he said it was soft so that is good. We both had the drink bar and either rice or a bun. Before we were quite ready to go, we ordered a bento for K. F got her a hamburger with a fried egg on it.
We left the restaurant, paying on the way out. I used some of my points to reduce the cost a little more for F.
We came back to the house and I came upstairs. F stayed downstairs and gave his mother her bento. I chilled out with some YouTube and later on I put on an episode of Gen V. It was the second last one of the first season. I’ll have to try and finish it off soon. I did a bit of crochet and a bit of knitting during the show so that was good.
F came upstairs and went to bed. The bad weather is bad for his back and makes him rather cranky (although he’ll never admit it!)
I’m off to bed now too. Tomorrow F and K are going to a memorial service for his uncle (K’s brother) in the afternoon. I’m probably just going to hang out here at the house. It’s a bit of a shame really as I’d love to not be here, but there aren’t many places where I can hang out by myself!
Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….
No comments:
Post a Comment