Tuesday - Cloudy and hot, muggy
F didn’t have a good night. He woke up when I came to bed and probably didn’t fall asleep again. Sigh. He’s not a good sleeper these days.
I woke up when he was getting ready this morning but pulled my eyemask over my eyes and went back to sleep. I woke up later when my alarm went off. I went downstairs and then came back to the room. It was so hot I decided to run the AC for a few minutes. I put it on for about 30 minutes and then turned it off, I did leave my fan going though.
I overslept today and was a bit upset with my self. I went downstairs with my laundry and did just one load. Today was the third Spiderman movie so I watched that and enjoyed it so much!
When the movie was just about over, I got a text from F to say that he was on his way back to the house and he needed me to go out with him to get some tax information. I wasn’t too pleased on the timing, but whatever. I changed into going out clothes and waited for him.
A few moments later, he called me to say that he didn’t need the documents anymore as his office had them already and he was just going to come back to the house. He’d taken a couple of hours off work. I asked him to bring me a cafe latte from the conbini on his way and he very nicely did that! It was delicious.
F ended up taking a nap as he was tired and the room was nice and cool. Around 6 pm I went downstairs and got started on dinner. Tonight I was doing burgers from the store and fries from the freezer! It wasn’t complicated but…K had started the washing machine and I can’t use the washing machine and the air fryer at the same time. Throw in the AC downstairs and I was worried that the power would go out.
I had to wait for her wash to finish before I started the air fryer. Oh well, it worked out, but it was a little later than I like.
With the burgers and fries we also had a salad, cucumber pickle, mini tomatoes for K and F, and some mixed vegetables too. Dinner was quite good. I called F down and he was so asleep that he thought it was morning rather than evening! Poor guy.
Dinner was good, and afterwards I did the dishes. They went quite quickly tonight and soon enough I was able to finish up and go upstairs. F went up a few minutes before I did.
I relaxed for a while and then a bit after 10 pm I decided to go and take a shower. I did my usual stuff, got in the shower and turned on the water. It was very hot at first, and then nothing. It got cold really fast and even though I turned up the heat tap, it didn’t get hotter.
I got out of the shower, wrapped my towel around me and grabbed my phone. I called F and asked him when the last time he’d put kerosene in the water heater was. He said it wasn’t for a long time. I told him that I thought the tank was empty and could he please come and fill it up for me?
F very nicely did come downstairs and fill up the tank. It took a while to get things done though. I was a bit late getting back to our room so I decided not to watch my show tonight. I wanted to give F as much chance to fall asleep as I could. However, he was up and down a lot between midnight and 1 am.
So that was my day. It was a bit odd and definitely not the usual sort of thing. Come back later if you like and see if tomorrow is a normal day, or another odd one! Until tomorrow….
No comments:
Post a Comment