July 23, 2026

Thursday - Hot and humid


Last night before I went to bed, I went to the washroom and K was up downstairs. First she went to the washroom, and then she was doing something in the living room. It looked like she was searching for something. When I came out of the washroom the living room lights were off. 


I woke up this morning and did my usual trip downstairs. I came back to the room and went back to bed. I had turned on the AC before I left the room. When I was in bed, I put the timer on the AC so it would turn off after an hour. It was a good idea I think.


When I got up later I sorted my laundry and took a full basket downstairs. I did two loads, one of tops and the other one my new pants. They got hung up in my room. 


I had a quiet afternoon, I got my lunch around 3 pm and then watched another episode of Departure. The plot is thickening!  I like it a lot, I really like Archie Punjabi and some of the other cast. 


I watched the news at 4 and then turned off the TV for a while. F called me around 5:30 to say he was coming back. He offered to bring back some ice cream for dessert and that was a nice idea I thought. 


I headed downstairs around 6pm and got started on dinner. Tonight I did a pork and seaweed stirfry and also prepped some okra which I cooked in the microwave. It was good. We also had baby leaf lettuce and that needed to be washed first too. 


Dinner was good but there were a few leftovers. Oh well, they’re my lunch now!


I headed upstairs around 9 pm. I decided that I wasn’t going to take my shower tonight. I was just too tired. I relaxed on the bed under the AC when I first came upstairs. F came up a little later and we had a bit of a snuggle.


I went over to my computer later and watched some YouTube and then went downstairs before my show. Luckily I went down a little early because K came out of her bedroom and used the washroom first. I spent a bit of time in the kitchen putting a jug of mugi-cha in the fridge and filling up a bottle of water for myself upstairs. 


I watched The Rookie and it was quite good. This season has been quite a bit better in my opinion. 


After midnight I turned off the TV and got stuck into my end of day things. F is in bed. He said he couldn’t sleep, but I did hear him snoring a bit ago. He may have woken up again though. 


Tomorrow I have a bit more laundry to do and I need to do some prep for the weekend. I’m not sure what we’ll get up to on Saturday and Sunday and it makes me a little worried. 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: