Saturday - Cloudy and rainy and humid
I woke up this morning when my alarm went off. F and his mother still were in the house, but they left just after I woke up. I went downstairs and then came back to the room. I went back to bed for a longer snooze. I watched a few videos and then just as I decided to have a nap, F came in the room. It was fine, he had a nap too and we both relaxed for a while.
I suggested going over to Sakata and having Thai food for lunch. We’ve gone to the restaurant a few times and I thought F liked it. However, he grumped about it and wanted to go to the fish place at the ferry port instead. I didn’t want to go there at all. He grudgingly agreed to go to the Thai place. He said that he didn’t think the meat was fresh there. It’s interesting that he has said this about the three ethnic restaurants that I like. I am so bloomin’ tired of Japanese food. It’s boring and frankly, not very good at times.
I got dressed and then we drove over to Sakata. I took my iPod and so we had some good tunes. For some reason, my iPod kept playing Cliff Richard Christmas songs! I skipped them…it may be 5 months to Christmas today but I’m not starting to play Christmas songs yet!
We got to the restaurant and went in. We ordered and quickly got our food. I had Gapao rice and F had Thai ramen, which of course he didn’t like. I thought mine was very nice.
On the way out of town, I mentioned that I’d like to go to Kaldi, the import food shop, but told F that I didn’t have to go today, just sometime in the next month. He didn’t take me. He offered to take me to Don Quihote but I didn’t really want to go today.
When we got into Tsuruoka he took us to the Muji store which was fine! We bought some snacks and then came back to the house.
I turned on the AC and stripped off my outside clothes. I spent time on my computer and relaxed for a bit. F did too until he went downstairs to cook for K. We were supposed to leave the house at 7:30 but didn’t leave until almost 7:45. I wasn’t sure we’d have enough time to go to the restaurant and then get to the cinema.
We went for udon and tempura at the chain restaurant. It was really busy tonight. Luckily, we were 3rd or 4th in line, but it still took a while. I can’t eat noodles quickly, but I did my best. We left the restaurant and then drove to the cinema. By now it was raining. We arrived at Machi-ne Kinema and went in and bought our tickets. F had a free movie ticket so it didn’t cost all that much. We went to see The Smashing Machine with Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt. It was an okay movie with good performances.
We came back to the house via the new convenience store that opened. F suggested getting some ice cream and I was okay with that!
Back at the house, it wasn’t so hot upstairs, so I didn’t turn on the AC. F has gone to bed, but I’m still up for the moment. I’ll be getting to bed soon.
I have no idea what we’ll get up to tomorrow. We might go to the Art Forum, or we might just buy our groceries. I have no idea. Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….
No comments:
Post a Comment