Sunday - Rainy and cloudy, cooler but humid
I woke up this morning at my usual time. I went downstairs and then came back to the room. I read a few things on my phone and then watched a video or two. I went back to sleep and a bit later F came in the room. He went back to bed too. He fell asleep, I woke up around noon and got up.
I spent time at my computer until F woke up again. It was close to 2pm and then he wanted to know where I wanted to go for lunch. Most places would be finished lunch, so….I don’t know?! He was grumbly about not going for keiten-sushi…or this or that…Finally I just said let’s go to Gusto. We could have drink bar and it was still early enough that I could have a coffee. F wasn’t too happy about it, but caved.
We drove over to one of the Gustos and went in. We got a seat right away and ordered soon afterwards. F had some curry, it’s one of the specials that they offer now. I ordered for him and made a mistake…oops. I ordered him the bigger version rather than the smaller one he wanted. Sorry. I didn’t see the code for the smaller one. I had my favourite mushroom pasta. It came with nama ham and and I ordered a chicken salad on the side. We both had the drink bar and yes, I got my coffee…I had an iced cappucino and it was nice.
After our lunch, I asked F if we could go to the Seria nearby. I wanted to check out the hundred yen shop. I bought a few things, mostly stationary. They had some really pretty letter sets and envelopes. I also got some coat hangers for doing laundry.
We came back to the house after this. I wasn’t too impressed, but whatever. I spent time on my computer, F came upstairs and took another nap, then went downstairs to make his mother’s dinner. I’ve been in the kitchen tonight and he’s left it in such a mess for me. I am not impressed with him.
F tried to be all nasty about picking a place for dinner, but I suggested a local place we like, Misono. We went there, got a table and both had the same thing, sort of. I had the kara-age plate, F had the kara-age set meal. He had rice, miso soup and a side dish of tofu. I just had the plate with the fried chicken, salad and a pasta salad. It was really nice. F complained afterwards that it was too big for him. I told him that was why I had the plate versus the set meal!
We had to do our grocery shopping afterwards so we went over to the PAL shopping area. F stayed in the car and I went in to do the shopping, Yay.
I bought stuff for F’s breakfast, K’s breakfast and lunch and the family’s dinners. Oh, and my lunches. Very important! I went a bit over budget but it was okay I think. I didn’t buy any junk so that’s good.
We came back to the house and I put away the groceries. F had to do his ironing for work so I came upstairs and started watching Ride or Die. When F did come upstairs, I stopped my show (I had just started it, so no worries) and asked him if we could make plans for September.
Basically, it’s our anniversary in mid September and it’s a fairly big one. I had hoped that we could go away for a night or two, but F didn’t want to. If we had arranged it early enough we could have put K in a short term stay, but again, he didn’t want to do that again. Sigh. We’ve made a hotel reservation for a night at a really gorgeous hotel in Tsuruoka. We’re going to have a night in a room there and then have a nice breakfast. It’ll be a nice change for us both I hope. We’ll have to make arrangements for K’s dinner and her breakfast, but hopefully we’ll be over the worst of the heat by our anniversary. We’ll be in the same city so if we worry about her, we can always check on her.
I went back to my show and F went to bed. Ride or Die was pretty good, it was still quite funny. Some of the other characters were featured tonight so that was good.
I’m not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow. I might use some of my new stationary, I might write a postcard or two, I might think about my new column, or I might just concentrate on how to stay cool!
Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….
No comments:
Post a Comment