August 14, 2026

Friday - Hot and Sunny


Last night when I went to bed, F was still awake. Sigh. He was tossing and turning because of the air conditioning. I turned it off when I went to bed, he got up and turned it back on as he was hot. Finally I suggested just opening the window as it was cooler outside finally than inside. I finally fell asleep, but F told me tonight that he didn’t sleep until 5 am. Oh dear.


I woke up around 8:30, I went downstairs and then came back to the room. I sorted my laundry for later and then I went back to bed for a bit of a snooze and some videos! I got myself up later, dressed and went downstairs again with my laundry.


I started my laundry, grabbed my breakfast and then I came back upstairs. I ate my breakfast and when I was finished I went back downstairs to bring my laundry back. I hung it up in the room and then I relaxed for a while.


I got my lunch a few minutes early and brought it upstairs again. I decided to watch an episode of Elsbeth today as I wanted something a little lighter. It’s been a bit of a rough week. 


F called me a bit after 5 pm and said he was on his way back. I changed and went downstairs to start dinner. 


Tonight was an easy one, spaghetti and salad, cucumber pickle and mini-tomatoes. It was quite nice I thought. We all ate and I think we enjoyed it all.


I did the dishes and by the time I was finished, I was soaking. I’d worn a different, slightly thicker shirt and it was so sweaty. With no air conditioner downstairs it is really hot to be in the kitchen now.


I came upstairs with my pop and some ice. I enjoyed it while I watched a few videos on YouTube. I decided finally that I would watch something from streaming so I went downstairs and made some popcorn. 


I came back up to the room and watched an episode of Ride or Die. A lot happened in this episode and it was quite good. There wasn’t as much of Hannah Waddingham though. 


After midnight, I turned off the TV and then worked on my end of day things. That’s about it for me for today. 


I’m not sure what I’m going to get up to tomorrow. Hopefully things will go well. Come back later and find out. Until tomorrow…. 

No comments: