Saturday - Hot & Sunny
I woke up just after 9 am this morning. F was just back from taking his mother to the Day Centre. I went back upstairs, turned on the AC and had a nap for longer.
I got up and went downstairs and took a shower. I so much prefer daytime showers but with K around I can’t take them. Saturday is the only day I can do it!
F wanted to go to the place he tried to take me on Tuesday. I was not impressed. I decided that I’d suck it up. We drove over, parked and went in. It was busy, but we didn’t have to wait. I had the yakiniku-don. It was okay, but honestly, not great. F had some kind of noodle dish. He seemed to like it.
After lunch we went for coffee to Komeda. When we were there, we decided to have kakigori instead. On the road to the restaurant today I realized that today is the fireworks day in Tsuruoka. At Komeda, the parking lot was busy and they were telling people that they couldn’t park in the big lot and go to the fireworks area. It would be a hike, but probably some people do it!
Anyway, we waited at Komeda for a table and then decided not to have coffee. We both had Kakigori instead, it was the Acai-mixed one and it was very nice.
We walked over to MaxValu when we finished to get meals for tonight. I suggested to F last night that we have a modest lunch and then do bentos for dinner. So, that’s what we did. MaxValu was really busy with people buying bentos and special meals so it felt like everyone had the same idea!
We got our bentos and a few other things, then paid and left the store. When we checked out, F did the scanning and it drove me nuts. I kept telling him to give me the heavy things first. He would give me something light and then a carton of juice to go on top of it. It was so annoying! I can’t put the items aside until later as the bag is on a weigh scale and the machine won’t continue to scan.
We came back to the house and F put away most of the groceries. Yay him. I was surprised to see that there was less than half of a jug of mugi-cha. I did make a new one, but I had a little chat at F to remind him that I told him LAST NIGHT that he needs to make mugi-cha when the bottle in the fridge is getting low. It takes 2 hours to steep.
I went upstairs and watched YouTube and did some computer stuff while F was downstairs. He came upstairs later and tried to take a nap.
Around 6 pm I suggested that we start to eat as the fireworks would start at 7pm. We were planning to drive out of town and watch the fireworks from a hill somewhere.
We heated up the bentos and got some drinks out and ate. F and I had a fried chicken cutlet with rice, K’s was rice with fried chicken I think. We also had some salmon rice rolls that were nice. I had suggested getting some mini-doughnuts at the store and F agreed. We had them…F wanted to leave them until tomorrow but that wouldn’t have worked! They would have been stale.
We invited K out to join us in the car and she agreed. It took a few minutes before we were ready to leave. It took us a while to find a good place to watch the fireworks, but we finally did. They were great! I do admit that I almost fell asleep in the middle though. They were spacing out the fireworks due to wind and it got a bit boring, staying in the car in the dark. However, the grand finale was amazing and overall, it was worth going out of town to see them.
We came back to the house and I headed upstairs, F came soon. I think K went off to bed, it was after her bedtime!
F basically spent time on his bed, I spent time on my computer. At 11pm I watched FBI and it was fine.
So, that’s about it. I’m not sure what we’ll get up to tomorrow. We’ll have to do grocery shopping and we’ll see if anything else happens too.
Come back later if you like and hear about my day, until tomorrow….
No comments:
Post a Comment