August 18, 2026

Tuesday - Hot and Sunny


I woke up this morning after my alarm went off. I got up and went downstairs, then came back to the room. I sorted out my laundry and put the basket aside for later. Then, snoozeville!


I got up later and noticed that F had sent me a message, asking if I’d like to go to the electric shop later on. I said sure. We had a long chat about it and he decided that he’d try and take time off later on. 


I started my laundry, and ended up doing two loads today. I hung them up in my room so they could get dry from the air conditioner. I had my breakfast and later on my lunch too. Because F phoned me and said that he was on his way back to the house, I had a hurried lunch and didn’t get to watch anything today. 


When he came back, he was rather grouchy. I’m not sure why. I was finished lunch and was dressed for going out. He said that he thought I would have cooked dinner for his mother. It was barely 4 pm. We had talked about going out after his usual work day and then I would have cooked for his mother.  However he didn’t come up with any plan for our dinner. If he’d said that he’d take me out for dinner (which is what I thought he’d meant originally) I might have cooked for her, but at 3:00 the kitchen was really hot and it was way too early for dinner.


Anyway, we got in the car and drove to the electric shop. F looked at air conditioners and then decided to buy one. He talked to the guy and they set up a delivery and installation for Sunday. Yay.


I bought some ink for my printer as I’ve not been able to get any this year. It’s really needing it. 


We left the shop and came back to the house. I had to immediately go upstairs and change so that I could cook dinner. 


Tonight I did coro-coro steak, steamed broccoli, potato salad, salad and rice. It was quite nice really. 


I did the dishes afterwards and then went upstairs to change. We went to the grocery store and bought groceries of course! We got a few things for dinners and breakfasts…it was expensive as we had to buy rice and F wanted his adult beverages.


At the house I put away the groceries and then came upstairs to relax. At 11pm I watched Law & Order and then some music videos before turning off the TV. 


And that’s about it. I’ve spent the last couple of hours watching YouTube and working on my usual end of day things. I didn’t get any of my column written today, hopefully I can make a bit of a start tomorrow. 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: