August 22, 2026

 Saturday - Hot and Sunny


Today was an interesting day! I woke up at 7:30 this morning. F was still asleep. I got up and went downstairs, then came back to the room. I made a bit of noise coming back upstairs to try to wake F up. I wasn’t sure when he had to get up to get his mother ready to go to her day service. 


He did wake up and he got up to go downstairs. I went back to bed and slept for another couple of hours. When I got up later, I took a shower and then got dressed. F had an idea for our lunch and it was fine. 


We drove over to Tai, the ramen/curry place and both of us had curry. It was a tad expensive but I liked my curry. Over lunch we discussed what we’d like to do and decided that we’d try and go off to get some nashi again. We started off towards Sakata and the area that the fruit is grown and sold. We got there and….it was all sold out! We were just a few minutes too late! Oh dear.


I asked F if we could go into Sakata and go to the Foreign import store. Dear that he is, he said yet. We arrived there and parked. We went in and I looked for my favourite tea. I found it and….it was on sale! Yay! I had planned to buy two boxes, but I got three instead. We also picked up some more gnocchi sauce (they have a cheese one that is nice) and F tried to buy something but I wouldn’t let him. He’d bought it a couple of years ago and never used it! He can try the old bottle to see if he’ll use it.


We also bought a few things at the Muji store. I mostly bought nuts, F got some things for adding to rice to make it taste good, and we also got some cakes for later on tonight. 


We drove back to Tsuruoka and did a quick stop at a bank machine for F, then headed to the house. We worked on the living room for a few minutes. I washed one of the glasses for later and one of my litre jugs for tea. Then, I went upstairs to relax and cool down for a bit. 


K’s Care Manager was supposed to come at 5pm but for some reason she came at 4:45. Not sure why!  I served us some iced Assam Tea and some of the cake we bought earlier. We chatted for a few minutes but there haven’t been any changes so she left after planning next month’s visit. Honestly, it annoys me a lot! She keeps trying to come on Sunday. We already have to waste our Saturdays being back in time for K to get back from Day Service, why not come on Saturdays? But she can’t. Or won’t. She can come on a weekday but F is at work and I’m not having a meeting with her by myself. She’s nice enough, but we don’t speak the same language. 


Anyway, I cleaned up most of the glasses and then went upstairs again to have some tea and cool down more. F came up a bit later and took a nap. He was out!


I actually woke F up after 7 pm and suggested that he make his mother some dinner. She usually eats before or around 7 pm so it was already late for her. He went downstairs and made her something.


He came upstairs to the room after 8 pm and I asked about our dinner. F wanted ideas of where to go, so I suggested China House. F liked that idea. We drove off and for some reason F picked the long way to get there. When we arrived at the restaurant, the guy was bringing in the flags and they’d already turned the sign over. However, F said the guy signalled to him that it was okay for us to go in. Yay.


We went in and ordered. I had the mapo-dofu set meal again and F had chahan or fried rice. Mine was excellent.


When we finished our meal we paid and left. We didn’t dawdle as they had done us a favour by letting us in. We drove to MaxValu and did a bit of shopping. I got some bready stuff and F picked up some fish for K’s breakfast. I’m not sure if we’ll be able to go out tomorrow as the new Air Conditioner will be installed tomorrow. They’ve given us a window between 1pm and 3pm so we don’t know if we’ll have time for lunch before or not!


We came back to the house and put way the groceries then came upstairs. I watched some YouTube and then FBI at 11pm. After it finished I’ve been working on my end of day things again. 


I’ll be back tomorrow night if all goes well, and it should! Come back later if you like and hear all about my Sunday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: