August 23, 2026

 Sunday - Hot and Sunny, muggy


I woke up a bit late this morning and went downstairs. F was in the kitchen getting things ready for K’s brunch. I went back upstairs and went to bed for a bit longer. 


Around 11:15 or so, F came upstairs and asked if I wanted to go for lunch. Since we had to be back around 1pm we needed something fast so I suggested a gyudon place. F was okay with that but wanted to go to Yoshinoya which is across the city! Eye roll. I got up and dressed quickly, then we were on our way. 


While we were driving, F got a call from the installers. They said that they could come now but F told them that 1:00 would be better for us. I was surprised he said that! 


At Yoshinoya we found a table and ordered. F had a simple gyudon, I had kara-age on rice with a salad and miso soup. It was fine, I didn’t mind it. Then we headed back to the house with a quick stop at a drugstore to get some drinks for the installers.


Back at the house I gave F a hand with doing some of the last minute cleaning in the kitchen and living room. I was wearing black pants and ended up knocking down some cobwebs. That wasn’t brilliant! We had to move stuff out of the way as they were going to install a new plug for the air conditioner and do something with the fuse box in the kitchen, so the way had to be clear. 


When they arrived I told F that I was going to go upstairs. It was so hot downstairs and I couldn’t help with anything anyway, so I would rather stay cool and out of the way!


They were done before 3 I think and I went downstairs and put a few things away. F and I sat in the living room for a few minutes and enjoyed the cool air. 


I went back upstairs, F came a bit later and went to bed. He had a nap. I spent time on my computer and then decided that I too would take a nap. F got up around 6 I think to make something for his mother’s dinner, I got up a few minutes later I think. 


When F came back I asked about our dinner and I said a little sheepishly that I didn’t want to have any rice. I would be okay with going to either a family restaurant or a place that had udon. Since I wanted to go to a certain store afterwards, we decided to go to Nagomi. 


We were able to get a table and I had the meat soup with cold udon, F had the tempura-don and udon set. We both were happy with our meals. It was a bit sad for him as he’d left his phone at the house. 


After dinner we drove to PAL. I went to Daiso to look for something I’d seen last week. I wanted to get an oil sprayer. They had a thing that held oil and you could either pour it out, or spray it. It was perfect for my air fryer. Unfortunately I didn’t buy it the first time I saw it and this week it was gone. I guess it didn’t sell as their goods in that section were all moved and changed. F even asked a store clerk but they didn’t have them now. Boo!


I bought a few things and then went out to the car. F drove us over to the grocery store and I went in. I bought a lot of stuff that we needed for meals for the next two days. Hopefully things I bought will be good enough. 


We had to gas up the car after the shopping. F had let it get down to 13km left to drive. He’s supremely silly in my opinion, but I didn’t nag him this time.


We came back to the house and I put away the groceries and then came upstairs again. I decided to watch a movie that I had recorded recently and watched A Big Bold Beautiful Journey with Colin Farrell and Margot Robbie. I liked it, but I’m not sure everyone would. It was a little slow but a beautiful looking film. 


I turned off the TV when the movie was over and F went to bed around that time. He’s really tired tonight and does seem to be sleeping now. 


Tomorrow I hope to work on my column and maybe get it close to finishing. It is due September 1st and I’d like it to be done by the coming weekend. 


Come back later if you like and hear about my day. Will I manage not to knock the power out when I cook dinner tomorrow night? Fingers crossed!


Until tomorrow….


No comments: