August 24, 2026

Monday - Hot and Sunny, muggy


I woke up before my alarm this morning. The bedroom door was open, which is what F does when he thinks the hallway is cooler than the room itself. He might be right when he leaves…but later it isn’t.


I slept on until my alarm went and then I got up and went downstairs. I came back to the room and basically went back to bed for my usual snoozing and videos. I dragged myself out of bed a little earlier than usual and got dressed. I went downstairs to get my breakfast and check the mail. 


I came back to the room and had my breakfast. I watched a bit too much YouTube today, but finally did take a break and I worked on my column. I did some editing and then I wrote about the movie that I watched on Friday evening. I’m nearly done! My subject has been very prolific so there is a lot of movies to write about!


I went downstairs near 3pm to get my lunch. I brought it up to the room and today decided to watch an episode of Lie To Me. I was very surprised that one of the actors in the episode was Chadwick Boseman. He was really good in it but the episode was a little icky. 


F texted me around 5pm to say that he wanted to go to the big hardware store to buy a new fish tank. He’d had to move his tank so the workers could install the new Air Conditioner. Unfortunately, when he tried to move the tank back and refill it, he noticed that the bottom was completely smashed. We don’t know what happened. I told him it was fine, but I was worried he would have to pay too much.


I went downstairs around 6pm and started in the kitchen by recycling some bottles. I washed dishes and a few minutes later F came back. He didn’t buy anything, he’s thinking to order it online. I’m a bit worried about it getting smashed on the way here but that’s up to him. Honestly, I don’t like tropical fish and F got fish the last time I went to Canada so they were a done deal when I came back. I don’t do anything with them at all. 


I was busy in the kitchen tonight. We had teriyaki chicken and some cucumber pickle, mini-tomatoes, steamed spicy cabbage and a salad. It was nice. We also had rice of course.


After dinner I did the dishes and listened to my movie podcast. It was good as usual. When I finished, I went upstairs and relaxed on my computer for a while. After 10 I went downstairs and took a shower, then came back upstairs to the room. I watched an episode of Ride or Die and it was good, if a bit sad. I have one episode left. 


Since midnight I’ve been working on my end of day stuff and getting ready to go to bed. It was an okay day. Tomorrow I have an exciting day of laundry, cooking dinner, buying groceries and maybe, just maybe finishing my column! 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….


No comments: