August 6, 2026

Thursday - Hot and Sunny


I woke up this morning when my alarm went off. I got up and went downstairs. I came back up to the room and sorted my laundry. When I was downstairs, I noticed that someone was doing laundry. I assumed (correctly it turned out) that it was F who started it before he left for work. 


I went back to bed and had a snooze and some videos. I dragged myself out of bed later and went downstairs with my laundry (after getting dressed of course). I took F’s stuff out of the washing machine, dumped it into the basket in the room and put the first of my two loads in. I grabbed my breakfast yogurt and took it upstairs. 


I had breakfast and did my laundry. It was so hot downstairs I was worried about K. I had my AC on in the room all day. 


When I went downstairs later in the day to make my lunch I gave K a glass of mugi-cha. I worry that she might not have been drinking enough. I took my lunch upstairs and watched an episode of Elsbeth today. I wasn’t in the mood for something serious. 


F called me after 5:30 and said he was on his way back. I went downstairs fairly soon after that. I did the dishes and got started on the food prep. Tonight I made tacos with tortillas. They turned out rather well and we all had a few. F and I had three each, K had two. We also had some cucumber pickle and some tomatoes. Well, the others did!


After dinner I did the dishes and by the end I was covered in sweat. It was horrible. I got everything cleaned up and put away, then told F I was going upstairs to relax. I turned on the AC upstairs, put on my casual clothes and relaxed on the bed for a while. F came up a little later and asked if I wanted to go out. I decided not to. I was relaxing! We had a nice few minutes and then I got up and came over to my computer. 


At 11pm I watched The Rookie and it was a good one. I’ve been rather impressed with the show this year, it’s like they aren’t coasting their storylines. 


And that’s about it for tonight. I suggested earlier to F that tomorrow night instead of me making dinner in a hot kitchen we get bentos in instead. It’s supposed to be hotter tomorrow than today so I don’t want to spend an hour or more in the kitchen doing prep and clean up. He agreed that it was an okay idea, so that’s good. 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my Friday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: