August 7, 2026

Friday - Hot and Sunny


I woke up around my usual time this morning and went downstairs. I came back upstairs and basically went back to bed for a few minutes to relax and snooze. F came up a bit later and then went out to do his business. I snoozed longer but did get up later on. I got up and was starting to dress when F came back!


We talked about lunch and I suggested F’s favourite fish place or his eel restaurant. F suggested something else. It’s not a place I like, but we haven’t been there in a while so I didn’t mind too much. 


We went to Tenkane and had an okay lunch there. We both had the same thing, a mix of tempura and sashimi with some other little things too. It was nice. 


After lunch we decided that we’d go to the Art Forum which was very close to the restaurant. We parked in their parking space and went in. We saw an exhibition on Toulouse-Lautrec and the Belle Epoque. It was great. We spent quite a bit of time at the art museum and really enjoyed ourselves. The art was great. 


When we finished at the Art Forum, we went to the Shonai Bank. Why?  I found some US Traveller’s Cheques from years ago and thought I should try and cash them in since I’ll never go there again. We did make a quick stop at a convenience store for something to drink. It was so hot outside. 


We went into the bank, took our number and then waited. And waited. Unfortunately, they weren’t able to cash in my traveller’s cheques. I think they don’t deal with them anymore. I have to send them in to a company to be cashed in and then deposited to my account!  Oh well, not today. 


After the bank, we picked up a little something for K’s late lunch and then went back to the house. F gave his mother the bento and then we went upstairs to relax for a while. 


I watched the news and some YouTube. F disappeared for a while and then came up and told me he’d made dinner for his mother. I told him it was surprising because we had planned to get bentos for all of us. Oh well!


For our dinner, F suggested going to a place on the outskirts of Tsuruoka, we haven’t been there in ages. It was fine with me. We hadn’t been there in ages because F didn’t like it! We drove out to the restaurant and then got seated at a counter. F had a hamburger set meal and I had the yakiniku set meal. We both enjoyed our meals.


We came back to the city after our meal and decided to go and have coffee at Komeda. We were in the coffee shop for a bit over an hour I think. 


We stopped into MaxValu for something for K’s breakfast and a few snacks for us, and then went back to the house. 


F soon after went to bed, I decided to watch some TV. I watched another episode of Ride or Die and then the finale of Margo’s Got Money Troubles. I have really enjoyed this show and I hope that they give us more of it!


So, that’s about it. I’ve been watching a lot of YouTube and doing my end of day stuff. Tomorrow K goes to her Day Service and I’m not sure what we’ll get up to. I hope that we get to enjoy ourselves and hopefully manage to stay cool. 


Come back later if you like and read all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: