Sunday - Hot and Sunny
I woke up this morning around 10 I think. F was still in bed and was talking about maybe getting up to feed his mother. He did get up, and he turned on the AC for me. It was around 30 degrees in the room already.
I snoozed longer and then got up and went downstairs. I came back to the room and started to get dressed. A few minutes later, F came into the room and wanted to get going. We had decided to go to Yuza to get some nashi. Off we drove. We did need to have lunch along the way. I Google-Mapped places and one place kept coming up….Bistrot des Pointes in Mikawa. I said that to F and that it was just an idea. It’s an awesome restaurant, but not exactly cheap. However, we decided to try it.
We were able to get a table which was lovely of them. They were planning to close early today…we were before their last order at least. We had their special lunch. It came with pumpkin soup, a main with a bun or rice and a cup of tea or coffee. We could have added on a dessert too, but decided not to do that. F had a steak for his main and I had beef cheek stew. Mine was amazing. It was so good. We both had bread today and tea as well. We really enjoyed our lunch and it was a bit hard to leave the restaurant afterwards. We didn’t want to go.
We paid and left. It was one of the nicest meals I’ve had in ages
We drove off to Yuza and found the area that sells nashi. F had received a post card from them a couple of weeks ago reminding him about nashi being for sale. We drove up the road really slowly, but no one was selling any. We passed some trees with a lot of fruit on them and a place selling peaches, but no nashi!
We turned the car around and made our way out of the area. F stopped at a place where he saw a man, and the guy said that nashi would be on sale in a couple of weeks, not right now! Argh!
We drove back to Sakata. We made a stop at my friend’s house and dropped off a mini-care package. I hadn’t been planning to ring the doorbell but her car was there, so I knew she was home. She was napping so I felt bad about waking her up, but we haven’t seen each other in ages. We had a quick chat at the door and then I went back to the car.
F made a quick stop at the end of the road to mail a letter to my friend in Canada and then we started driving back to Tsuruoka. We did make a pit stop along the way and bought some drinks for the road. It is so hot and humid we need to rehydrate!
We came back to the house and relaxed for a while. F and I had planned to take his mother out for dinner tonight to give her a break from the heat. I suggested that F make a reservation and that’s what he did. He couldn’t get the time he wanted, he could only get 7:30. Oh well.
I relaxed, watched some YouTube and then a bit before 7 got redressed for going out. We all got in the car and drove over to Kappa Sushi. We were early so we had to wait for a while, but it wasn’t too bad.
F and I ordered stuff when we were seated. I ordered some onion rings for everyone and a bucket of fries for K and I. She ate most of them! We had some okay sushi but K finished long before F and I did. However, I don’t think we over-ordered like we have done in the past.
When we finished, we paid and left. We drove K back to the house and left her, then the two of us went to the gas station to fill up the car. F took it down to the point he could only drive 46 more kilometres. I can’t get him to stop playing gas chicken.
Then, we drove over to Mina shopping area and bought our groceries. F came in with me and I wish that he hadn’t! It’s not that he’s a bad guy, it’s just that he gets in my way all the time! I’m doing the shopping, yet he put himself and the buggy next to the foods. Then he wouldn’t let me get in front of him to actually look at the food! It was very frustrating for me. I picked up food for tomorrow night. I’m having to make dinner for the three of us without any way to keep cool so I’m a little upset!
We paid for the food and then came back to the house. I put the stuff away. I actually had to ask F NOT to put the food out on the table as it was too far away from where I was because of course, F was in the way again!
I went upstairs and then decided to watch a movie off the DVR. I chose Constantine. It’s been years since I saw it and boy was it dark! Keanu did look good, but there were a lot of dark themes in the film. Still, I’ve heard rumours that there is going to be a sequel so I thought I’d rewatch it. Dark. Dark!
I’m now watching YouTube and doing my blogging. Tomorrow I’m not sure what I’m going to get up to. I’m hoping to start thinking about my column and do some laundry!
And….that’s it for my day. It actually was a good day. I’m glad that we took K out, I’m glad I saw my friend and I’m glad that we had a gorgeous lunch! Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….
No comments:
Post a Comment