Friday - Rainy, cloudy and humid
I woke up before my alarm this morning. I did my usual trip downstairs and then came back to the room. I went back to bed for a bit, but I didn’t go to sleep again. I tried to nap, but it wasn’t happening.
I got up, dressed for going out, watched a review of a couple of movies and then made my break! I left the house and walked to the bus stop. I left the house at 10:30 and made it to the bus stop just before the bus time. Surprisingly, the bus was only 2 minutes late and I was the only passenger at first.
Now, when I got off the bus near the cinema, there were a few other passengers. One was a lady who had some trouble getting on. She had a cane and sat near the door. When I left, I had to ask her to move her feet so I could get by. I might have forgotten to swipe my card, I’m not sure. As I was getting off the bus, I saw the lady’s hat on the step, so I got off and then handed it back to her.
I walked from the bus stop to the big drugstore. I grabbed myself a bottle of rooibos, then also picked up a few things for a mini lunch and a walked back to the cinema.
I went in, paid my money and then went to see a documentary about Twiggy. It was called Twiggy.
I really enjoyed it. I used to have a record of Twiggy’s and I liked it very much. I also was over the moon to catch a glimpse of my favourite British rock singer, David Essex. Twiggy came over as very nice, unspoiled and a real person. It’s quite interesting just how many walks of life she was able to enter. She was one of the first supermodels, she sang, she danced, she did movies, TV, and albums.
After the film, I used the outside of the lobby to have a seat and eat some of the food I bought earlier. After that, I walked over to the bus stop.
I caught a city bus to the mall and did a little shopping. I didn’t get anything of note, just a few things for myself. I debated with myself whether to get an ice cream or go to Doutor for an iced coffee. Doutor won. I went in and had a sandwich and a decaf iced coffee. The coffee was strong, but just what I wanted!
I decided to catch the 15:15 bus back to the house. I waited for the bus and then got on. I had an enjoyable ride back to my stop. It was rainy outside but it was cool and dry in the bus. However, when I got off the bus and tried to swipe my card, it didn’t work. The bus driver did some magic with the card reader however and it worked. Whew!
I came into the house and went upstairs. I turned on the AC and stripped most of my clothes off! I hung up my clothes to dry and enjoyed the cool air. I had some tea and then F called me around 5:30.
I went downstairs to start dinner and a little later F came in. He was soaked from just walking back from the car. He had done some shopping and put it away, then went upstairs. A few minutes later I got a text that said he couldn’t eat again tonight. Sigh. I asked him if he wanted me to make him a plate and he said he did.
So, K and I had dinner together again. It was fine. When she went off to the washroom, I turned the TV so that the news would be in English. She can’t hear it anyway, and there are subtitles so she can follow along if she wants. Dinner was okay. She got some mini-tomatoes and we had garlic butter pasta with sliced chicken breast and salad. It was good.
I did the dishes afterwards and then said goodnight to K. F had come downstairs so there was a line up for the washroom!
I took a shower before 10 pm tonight and then thought I’d watch a movie on the DVR. I started Monkey Man. I liked what I saw but then decided not to watch it tonight. It’s not all in English and it was quite violent and I wasn’t in the mood for that kind of thing. Instead I watched another episode of Ride or Die. It was fun actually. That’s what I was looking for.
And honestly, that was about it for my day. Tomorrow we have a busy day. I’m hoping to be okay to go and see the new Spiderman because I love Spiderman, but we’ll have to see if it happens!
Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….
No comments:
Post a Comment