Thursday - Rainy, cloudy and humid
Today was quite a day. I’m not really sure what happened. It wasn’t terrible but it wasn’t great either.
My day started as it has recently. Woke up with my alarm, went downstairs, went back to bed for a bit. Got up later and dressed. I went downstairs and checked mail (none) and then I set up the meat for tonight’s dinner. I marinated it in some garlic and olive oil. I stuck it in the fridge and left it.
I went upstairs, ate breakfast and then relaxed for a bit. I decided to work on my pyjama bottom again and I think I finished it! Yay me. It’s about time.
I went downstairs to get my lunch and then brought it back upstairs to eat. Today I decided to watch an episode of Departure. It was the last one of the second season. It must have been around the time of Christopher Plummer’s death as they had dedicated the episode to him.
I relaxed until F called to say he was on the way back. I did read on FB that Glen Hansard died yesterday in a motorcycle accident. He was an actor/musician. He wrote the song Falling Slowly from the movie Once with his partner at the time Markéta Irglová. They won the Academy Award for best song for it. It’s a lovely song.
I went downstairs and went to the kitchen. I didn’t turn on the AC at first, and when I decided to do it, F arrived at the same time. For some reason, F started fooling around with the AC and it didn’t work anymore. I was trapped in the kitchen getting hotter and hotter and wasn’t too happy about it. Honestly, I’m really upset about the whole thing.
Tonight’s dinner was good, even though I was so hot. I’d asked F to bring some pilaf or frozen rice from the store since he didn’t feel like making any last night. We had shrimp pilaf, salad, butter soy sauce mushrooms, eggy tofu and coro-coro steak. I think things were nice, but I was so sweaty afterwards that my towel was soaked.
At one point, I went out of the kitchen to use the washroom and it was cooler out of the kitchen/living room than in it. I told F it was and then I closed the door to the living room and opened the kitchen window. It was still hot, but slightly better.
I went upstairs to change my clothes to go to the grocery store and basically had to change almost all of my clothes. Yuck.
F drove me over to the grocery store and then I went in. I bought some food for dinner tomorrow night, food for breakfasts and a sandwich for my breakfast too.
We came back to the house and I put away the groceries. I went upstairs to relax and use the AC. It was so nice in the grocery store that I didn’t want to leave it! I watched some YouTube and then I watched The Rookie. It was one with some “zombies”. They weren’t really, just people who had been exposed to some kind of toxin that made them act strangely.
After the show, I turned off the TV and then I started watching some YouTube. F is currently up, but he was sleeping earlier.
Just so I don’t blame F for no reason about the AC, he thinks that the outside unit wasn’t working tonight. I’m hoping that we can get it working again or I might run away until Autumn!
Tomorrow I’m planning to go out in the morning to go over to Machi-ne Kinema to see a movie. I hope that I can wake up to go! Come back later if you like and find out if I survive cooking dinner tomorrow night! Until tomorrow….
No comments:
Post a Comment