September 1, 2026

Tuesday - Mostly hot and sunny


I didn’t hear F leave for work in the morning, I slept on until my alarm went off. I got up then and made a trip downstairs. When I came back to the room I sorted out my laundry and put it aside for later. Then, I had some video and snoozing time. 


I woke up a bit late and took my laundry downstairs to start. Unfortunately, F had forgotten to take his stuff out of the laundry. I’m rather mean in those circumstances, I turfed his laundry into the laundry basket in the room and then put my first load in! I didn’t throw it on the floor so I feel I was rather restrained!


I got a Postcrossing card in the mail today from the US. I’m receiving quite a few from the US these days. 


When I came back up to the room with my breakfast it was nearly time to get my first load out. I changed the laundry and then came back upstairs. I hung up my stuff and then ate my very late breakfast!


After the laundry was done, I watched a bit of YouTube and finally it was lunch time! I went downstairs to make my lunch and brought it upstairs to eat. Today I watched an episode of Elsbeth as I didn’t want anything too taxing on my brain. When it was over I watched the news and also started a letter to my bestie. I haven’t written in ages as I usually don’t when I have a column to write.


F called around 5:30 to say he was on his way back and so I changed my clothes and went downstairs a little later. 


I did the dishes downstairs, and made dinner too of course. Tonight we had chicken drumsticks in the air fryer and German potato salad, salad, cucumber pickle and then rice. It was quite good, even if I say so myself. And I do!


I did the dishes afterwards and then went upstairs to change. I got ready, grabbed a mask and then had to wait a little for F. We got in the car and drove over to Mina. 


Of course, F had to come in with me again. He wanted adult beverages. I did most of the shopping while he did whatever he usually does. I was looking for cucumbers and didn’t want to get the ones in the open box. They were from another prefecture and everyone and their uncle had been breathing on them and grabbing them all day. My husband included. I went over to the local produce area and they had nice looking cucumbers in a plastic bag. They were dated today and were from this area. I put them in the basket. F decided they weren’t fresh enough and went back to the other open box and brought back three cucumbers. He made the mistake of asking me how many I wanted. I told him none. He took them back and of course was angry with me. Well, I was angry with him. I would rather buy local and support farmers/growers here and there was nothing wrong with the cucumbers I picked, they just didn’t have the prickles on them. So, no cucumbers for the next couple of days. I can’t say I’m upset about that!


We paid and drove back to the house in silence. F did his usual unhelpful thing of taking things out of the shopping bag and putting them on the table. I unpacked most of the stuff and then told him that the rest of the stuff was his and he could do what he wanted with it. 


I forgot to ask him to make rice earlier and he didn’t do it. We’ll either have to do without (fine with ME) or he’ll have to eat the bachelor pack stuff. 

Upstairs we didn’t talk. He went to take a shower, I watched Law & Order. I’m still meh about the show. I like the actors, but I don’t get excited about the show. Maybe I should use Tuesday as a watching streaming night too. 


After my show I went downstairs and asked F about the bottle of water that he’d carried upstairs for me earlier. He’d hidden it in plain sight, I thanked him for bringing it up but I don’t know why he can’t just put it where it belongs!


Anyway, that’s about it for today. I’m not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow. I have to finish my letter to my friend and maybe, just maybe I’ll write a Postcrossing postcard or two. Come back later if you like and find out what happens. Until tomorrow….

No comments: