September 13, 2026

Sunday - Warm and sunny then very rainy later on


I woke up around 9:30. F was back in bed beside me and we talked a little. I went downstairs, came back to bed and took a bit of a nap, as did F. Later on, he went downstairs and I was a bit surprised he didn’t offer lunch for me. While he was downstairs I decided I’d feed myself and had some cup pasta. He came up after I finished and then offered to take me out, but I wasn’t that hungry anymore!


We spent the afternoon quietly. F did some laundry, I packed my backpack. I watched some YouTube and then somewhere after 4 we did go out! We went to Gusto for a late lunch/early dinner. I had chicken with a mushroom sauce and some grilled vegetables with caesar dressing, F had a mapo-tofu set meal that was really salty and he didn’t like it much. We both had drink bar and took advantage of it.


When we left the restaurant it was just chucking it down. F made a mad dash for the car and drove over to pick me up. I got in the car in about 5 seconds or less and I got very wet!


We went to the supermarket and picked up some stuff both for tonight and for tomorrow. F wanted his adult beverage for tomorrow, I wanted some food for later tonight as I was sure I’d get hungry. (I did.) 


We came back to the house and I put the groceries away then came upstairs. F stayed downstairs to watch some volleyball. I watched last night’s episode of The Hunting Party, it was spooky. Then, I went downstairs to take a quick shower.


I came back upstairs and decided to watch something on the Fire Stick. I ended up watching the first episode of Freaks and Geeks. I’ve heard so much about it. I had no idea how many now famous people were in it. John Francis Daley was so young and so small! I remember him from Bones when he was older and taller! I’ll likely watch the rest of the show over the next few months. I had brought up some of the food we had bought when I came upstairs, so I ate that. It was a good thing I had that!


I turned off the TV and started doing my end of day stuff. F got up and went downstairs. He’s having trouble sleeping and the air conditioner is not great for him. However, it is so hot and humid that I’m not sure I can turn it off and open up the window. 


Well, I will be off tomorrow night with my hubby celebrating our 25th anniversary. There will not be an update tomorrow night, so don’t wait up! Come back in a couple of days and we’ll catch up! Until next time….

No comments: