Tuesday - Rainy and then clearing
Hello again! We came back from the hotel this morning. Oh….Yesterday? It was fine. F and I are both a bit under the weather. I think I have a cold and F probably is the one what gave it to me!
We had a long morning at the house yesterday. F made breakfast for his mother and then made her lunch too. No one seemed to care about my lunch! I finally went downstairs just before 2:30 and demanded that we go for lunch! We went over to Coco’s where I had their chicken salad with nuts and F had a burger and we shared a small fries. We had their drink bar too and it was nice.
We got K a bento for later and then went back to the house to finish getting ready. I was basically just hanging around waiting for F to do whatever he was planning to do. He didn’t seem ready at all.
Finally, we got moving. We went to the hotel first, checked in, and then went to our room. It was very nice. We had a large double bed. I think it was probably a king size bed. It was nice but I was sleeping close to the window and it was hard to get into bed!
We went out for dinner to our favourite yakiniku place and had dinner. It was delicious. The last few years we’ve gone somewhere “fancy”. The food looks great, most of it is lovely, but we got to just relax and have fun together, cooking our own food.
We went back to the hotel after dinner and then took our baths. The hotel has a couple of onsen baths for their guests and we went off to the baths and had a nice time there. I went back to the room before F did.
We decided to watch a movie together and I suggested watching Mayday, the new movie on AppleTV with Ryan Reynolds and Kenneth Branagh. It was silly but fun. F managed without Japanese subtitles, but did have trouble when the subtitles were due to characters speaking Russian.
F went to bed when the movie was over. I stayed up a little longer, but did go to bed before I usually do.
This morning, we woke up around 7:30 and went up to breakfast around 8 am. It was very nice and we both ate quite a lot. We went back to the room afterwards to finish packing up and then checked out at 10am.
We drove back towards the house and stopped at a grocery store to get something for K’s lunch. We came back to the house and relaxed a bit. F gave K her bento, I unpacked and put my computer back together.
We went over to the Kamo Aquarium around 1pm. It was raining on and off quite hard at times. We went in and had lunch first. F had jellyfish ramen and I had deep fried fugu. It was good, but very, very boney.
We toured the facility and enjoyed ourselves. I haven’t edited my pictures yet. When we finished, we decided that we needed ice cream!
We drove back into Tsuruoka and went to Baskin Robbins. We both had the same ice creams, a milk shortcake and mint choco cookie chum. They were both good.
We talked about dinner and decided that we’d take K out somewhere as she’s been stuck at the house for most of the weekend. We decided on Gusto.
We went back to the house and picked up K. We drove over to one of the Gustos and got a table. We did quite well. K had curry, I had pasta and F had a hamburger with a fried egg. We shared a plate of fries (K loves fries!) and had drink bar too. I got to do the leg work for most of the drinks. It was fine.
We brought K back to the house and then F and I went to the grocery store. I asked him if he’d make rice if I needed him to and he refused. He wants me to do it. I will not. I do not like rice and would rather eat anything else. So, we will have potatoes this week. If F doesn’t like that, too bad. I’m sure he’ll bugger off and make himself noodles later. Too bad for him.
I went into the store and did the grocery shopping alone. Yay for me. I got everything and then paid and came back to the car. F wasn’t there! He’d gone into the building. Luckily I didn’t have to wait too long before he came back.
We came back to the house. I put away the groceries and then came upstairs. I relaxed for a while, F went to bed. He’s back to work tomorrow. It is one of our anniversaries but he couldn’t take it off.
I watched Law & Order and it was okay, bit meh! I turned off the TV and got stuck into YouTube. I’m a tad behind as I didn’t watch much yesterday. Good for me.
So, that’s about it for my day. Both F and I are still sick. My nose is running and I don’t feel that great.
Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….
No comments:
Post a Comment