September 3, 2026

Thursday - Cooler but muggy, rain at night


Today wasn’t a great day, sad to say.


I woke up probably just after F left today. I made my trip downstairs and then came back upstairs to the room. I went back to bed for a while and snoozed a bit while watching some videos. I got a text from F around 10:30 and then he called me. He said he would take time off later in the day. 


I dressed, went downstairs and then came back upstairs to the room. I relaxed on the bed for a while but didn’t sleep, I just watched some videos. 


I got up, went downstairs for my breakfast and then came back to the room. I ate and checked the movie, nope, not today. I watched a lot of YouTube and then worked on my letter to my bestie. I got it done later on. Yay.


I went downstairs to get my lunch and brought it upstairs. I was going to watch something but F called to say he was on his way back to Tsuruoka. He needed some paperwork for his next doctor’s appointment, so he stopped off on the way to get it. 


He came back to the house and we had a nice reunion. I even gave him a cup of my nice pistachio au lait. 


I watched the news and then went downstairs and got started on dinner around 6pm. Today I made a chicken and hijiki dish, plus we had some air-fried cauliflower, salad and rice. F came down a few minutes early and was just sitting at the table waiting for me to serve him.


I was made to get the rice out, so I served K first. I guess that I gave her too much so she passed her plate to F, but I didn’t see that because I had my back to the table getting out F’s rice. When I tried to give F a bigger portion of rice, he already had a plate full. I didn’t really understand what was going on and then gave F the plate too. All of a sudden he overturned the plate and mushed all the rice together, yelled,”You are so rude” and stormed off. 


I didn’t really know what I did. I gave K some of the rice from F’s plate, put most of the rest back in the rice cooker and took a little for myself. K and I ate dinner but I was quite upset. I’d worked quite hard on dinner tonight and thought it was very nice. 


I washed the dishes when we finished eating. I listened to a couple of podcasts too. 


I went upstairs when I finished and asked F what was going on. We were supposed to go out tonight but I didn’t want to go out with F. I told him that I didn’t have anything for K’s breakfast tomorrow. He disappeared for a couple of hours which was nice for me!


He must have gone to the store as I say he had onigiri for his breakfast, and I noticed something else for K in the fridge. He also brought me a cake but didn’t give it to me directly, he left it on my stuff!


I watched The Rookie tonight and it was a different one. It was about making a documentary about a series of murders. It was quite a nice surprise, and rather funny for a change.


F and I have talked a little. I asked him to mail my letter for me tomorrow, he said he would. He’s still up, or not sleeping well. I’m not really too happy about things. This is happening about 2 weeks before our anniversary. 


Anyway, come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow. 

No comments: