April 16, 2009 - Thursday

Cloudy and on the verge of rain all day.

An odd mixed up sort of day. I got up around this morning and I was a little bit ticked because my husband was going to do some laundry. I was going to take a shower then. If he usually used the short quick cycle I wouldn't mind, but he uses the one that takes forever. I got him to stop the machine and I took my shower instead.

We had a quiet morning at home. We finished off the French bread from yesterday and started another loaf that we had bought. It was bacon bread, and it was gooood! That was my breakfast.

In the afternoon I lazed a bit and then asked that we go to the post office so I could check on the price to send a book for Bookmooch. Since we were going there anyway, I thought we might as well send off the forms for the government money. Little bit of a problem, I was supposed to hanko the form, but my hanko lives at my school. Sigh. Also, Fumihiko told me that I had to send a photocopy of my passport and bankbook to them. I was a bit ticked to hear about my passport and demanded to know if he had to do that too. He didn't. He re-checked the info and it didn't have to be my passport, my Alien Registration card would do just fine too. He had to send a copy of a picture ID too, so the government wasn't picking on me. Since I wasn't ready to send mine, Fumihiko decided not to send his.

We get to the car, I've got the book and the envelope in my hand and get in the car. Then, we start off. In the opposite direction to the post office. Huh? Then, we get to the main road and I asked Fumihiko where he was going. "To your school." Huh? I hadn't eaten lunch yet, didn't have my backpack with me and wanted to go to the post office. I told him this helpful fact and he didn't seem too happy. We decided to go to another post office that's near where we live. They couldn't send the book. The lady tried to send me to the Eki-mae branch of the post office. When we got back in the car, I told Fumihiko to take me to the small post office that I usually go to. He said that they wouldn't be able to do it, but I said they would. I was right! I sent the book off on its merry way to England.

We came home and I cooked our brunch. We had (what else?) ham and cheese omelette with sausages. It was quite nice. We polished off the rest of the bacon bread too.

Fumihiko drove me to work for real this time, and I got ready for classes. I checked out what I'm teaching tomorrow, then got ready for my class. Class time came and my student didn't. Since I was worried about calling her when she was driving, I waited longer than usual, then called. I didn't get an answer. She called me back 10 minutes before the end of class, wondering why I called her! It had totally slipped her mind that we had a class. We confirmed next week's class, then I let her go.

My other two classes were on time and went well. The kids lesson actually did quite well today. It was more of a TPR lesson so it kept the youngest one awake. My final class had some nice discussion going on, so a good night for me.

After my big clean up and paperwork time, Fumihiko picked me up and whisked me off to Grado for dinner. Tonight I had gorgonzola penne which was lovely. He had the fish dish and it looked very nice too.

We came home and vegged for a while. We watched an old ER and now Fumihiko is watching snoozing through baseball. Not my favourite thing.

Tomorrow I have only one lesson in the evening. I'm not sure what we'll do with ourselves for the rest of the day. I did ask Fumihiko to take me to the dentist finally. I've been having a lot of tooth pain lately. I didn't want to tell Fumihiko before he had surgery, but thought it might be okay now. I hope so. I don't know if I can get in tomorrow or not though.

Anyway, that's it for me. Have a good night.

4 comments:

Orchid64 said...

Our documentation for the "free" money came with multi-lingual instructions (English, Korean, Japanese). Is yours only in Japanese?

I'm not going to send them my bank account information, but rather choose the option to pick up the money at the ward office. I don't think it's in my interest to make it any easier for them to raid my bank account. Apparently, they can freeze your account if they decide you owe them money (not that I do, but still).

Helen said...

My instructions were only in Japanese. The form to fill out had last name, first name and middle name written in English, but the rest of it was completely in Japanese.

Hmm. I think I'd rather pick it up too. Don't want them deciding to raid my bank account either. Will ask if that's possible.

Thanks!

Kelly said...

Why is it that not all post offices can post a book to overseas?

Helen said...

Kelly, I have no idea. I think there is something "special" about the post office as the branch has been sending me elsewhere to mail my parcels all the time I have lived in Tsuruoka. It may not be a full service one, I don't think they had a postal savings machine for example.