April 20, 2011

Wednesday - Sunny and warmish.

A quiet day. I went to bed late late last night but slept quite well. When my alarm went off this morning it was hard to get up, but I did. I think I was a bit late for a change.

I had a quiet day in for the most part. I watched a bit of TV and vegged.

I went over to the post office at 4 pm. I rode over, had to take a bit of a detour, but made it and tried to pick up my book. The lady went and looked for it, but she couldn’t find it. She promised that it would be re-delivered tonight. Yay. I headed home, but first stopped into the stationery store. I snooped around, lusted after lovely stamping things, but ended up buying a couple of fancy envelopes for the wedding we’re going to this weekend.

I arrived home around 5 and spent a bit of time oiling my bike chain. It was making an odd noise all the way to the post office tonight. I’m hoping I fixed it.

F came home around 6 and was quite hungry. I got my book delivery, plus another delivery at the same time. I have lots of books now! I started working on dinner soon after. We had salad with a mixture of greens, broccoli done under the grill in foil, and some ginger pork. F liked it a lot, and so did I. He did the dishes which was really sweet, and proceeded to watch some dumb TV for a while. Around 9 pm I suggested that if he wanted me to cook tomorrow night, it would be a good idea to get some food!

We headed off to the grocery store and picked up a few things. I’m going to make a stew again. Hopefully it’ll be good. I think it will be.

We watched Agatha tonight, the old film with Vanessa Redgrave, Dustin Hoffman and Timothy Dalton. I have never seen it in all the years it has been out, despite really wanting too. It’s funny that I ended up seeing it for the first time in Japan. While it was on, I worked on and then finished my crocheted doily. I still have to darn in the ends and then block it, but it is basically done. Yay.




F went to bed a bit late and after he was gone I prepped the garbage for him to take out tomorrow. I’m trying to get him to find out if we can toss other things yet. We have mounds of plastic garbage but after the earthquake they cancelled all garbage pick-ups except burnables to save gasoline. Now we have lots of plastic. Where’s Wall-E when you need him?

And that’s it for me. I’m not sure what I’ll do tomorrow. I’m thinking I have a couple of sewing type things to do and I have a stew to get started, so you just never know what might happen around here! Wish me luck. Night!

No comments: