July 6, 2018

Friday - Cooler and rainy, muggy

A sucky day.

My day started well…I overslept a tad due to being woken up early.  I’d set my alarm early to make sure that F got up…I went back to sleep. Watched the English bits of the news and then The Blacklist. I also had breakfast.  

In the afternoon I watched some of the telly that I had DVR’d and finally went down for lunch.  During the day F called and said the hotel I’d booked yesterday had called him. I wasn’t sure why but thought it might be about parking. Turns out that it was.

I did some Postcrossing cards today…hurray. I managed to write and scan 4 cards, so that was good.  One not so great thing was that K decided to sweep the stairs today…so I heard her brushing just outside my door at the top of the stairs.  Sigh.  I do vacuum it when she’s not around so it wasn’t too bad. I think she just wanted to snoop and maybe “catch” me sleeping.  I wasn’t.  

When F came back tonight he was in a bit of a cranky mood.  He “didn’t want to think about food”. Must be nice not to have to.  I suggested getting his mother a bento and then us going out.  I had given him some options for the evening…going out to dinner, going to the Internet Cafe or going to the Onsen. He, of course, picked the onsen because it was something HE wanted to do.  

After picking up the bento for K and delivering it, F and I set off. I gave him a choice of 4 different restaurants to visit before going to the spa but he picked the one in the spa.  I like it, but not every day and this was the second time this week. When we got there, he ordered Tempura on rice and I ordered Meat in Soba.  When our food arrived I made the comment that he must be surprised that I ordered noodles.  I got the fairly rude comment that I won’t eat noodles at “home”.  Nope.  Not that he asked, but his noodles taste pretty bad.  He uses cheapo sauce and waters it down so much that there is no taste.  This wasn’t the best soba ever and I managed to splash myself all over my shirt, but it was okay.  I nearly went to sit at another table, I was so upset with him.

He went to take his bath, I found a corner and did a bit of crochet, and made use of the wifi.  

On the way back to the house we decided to pick up a bento for K’s lunch tomorrow.  We have plans with a friend so don’t want to rush around in the morning to get something for her.  I picked up a sandwich for tonight for myself. He picked up a packet of sashimi on rice. We also got some chocomint ice cream.  Yay.

We came back to the house and K was still up watching the news.  I came upstairs with our snacks, F stayed downstairs for a bit.  We decided to watch The Good Doctor so I set up the DVR.  As usual, about 10 minutes from the end he started to make noise.  Loud noises.  He was opening chip bags about 10 inches from my ears.  I was trying to crochet and watch the show. I bit my tongue so that I wouldn’t say anything.  He asked if he could have some of my hot water and I asked him if he could wait the two more minutes for the show to end (so that he wouldn’t block my view or make even more noise) and of course, he became Angry Man.  How dare I ask him to wait?  He stormed off downstairs to get himself some hot water.  

When he came back, the show was over. I deleted it from the DVR and came through to my computer room to rewatch the Great British Bake Off.  I haven’t spoken to him since.  Have no wish to really.  

Tomorrow we are supposed to go and meet a friend and her children for lunch.  I’m really looking forward to it, but am wondering how F and I will get along.  Sigh.  


So that’s it for me.  It started out well, today did, but ended up rather badly.  Let’s hope tomorrow is better.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: