September 25, 2018

Tuesday - Rainy and cool

An okay day.

I didn’t sleep well last night. I went to bed too late again and had a hard time dragging myself out of bed this morning.  When I did, I watched the news and then my morning TV programmes.  K called me downstairs early on today as the mail had arrived and I received 7 postcards for Postcrossing!  Unbelievable.  I registered them and watched a little bit of telly. I also finished up the last of the bread pudding for my breakfast, in my new bowl! 

Around 1 I went downstairs to the kitchen and started making my stew. It took ages! I am so out of practice in the kitchen.  I set up the slow cooker, took off the chicken skin, dredged the chicken in seasoned flour and then browned it. I also had to prep the vegetables and quite a few of them I parboiled. Still, I finally got it all in the slow cooker and I left it to do its magic. Yay me.

I was so tired afterwards that I couldn’t be bothered with my usual lunch, so I had an instant pho and my salad upstairs. It hit the spot too.

F came back to the house a little late and wanted his dinner soon.  I asked him to wait for me to be ready before he started doing things like heating up the rice but of course, he didn’t.  Sigh.  I was still trying to get the table set while he was filling up his bowl with rice.  Anyway, it all worked out and we had a nice dinner.  It was rather nice to eat together and have something that I made. I did tackle F about the kitchen tonight though. I asked him who designed it because it is horrible. The sink is too low. I’m 5’2” and it is too low for me. There is no heating or cooling, no radio or TV and the stove is in a corner which is made too small by a cabinet.  He mumbled something…wasn’t paying much attention as he wasn’t making any sense.

After I washed the dishes—there weren’t that many for a change—we went out to the Internet Cafe for a bit of massaging chair action.  I spent most of the time watching YouTube videos which I enjoyed, F listened to a radio drama he said. 

We came back to the house via the convenience store and had a quiet evening in.  I half-watched some silly telly and F had problems with his phone, so pretty much as normal then.  

I’m not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow.  I’m hoping that we can have some of the stew for dinner tomorrow night with a side dish or something. I hope to write a few postcards and probably scan the cards that I received today. I didn’t have time for it today. 


That’s it for me for today. Come back later and see how Wednesday goes. Until tomorrow….

No comments: