May 17, 2019

Friday - Hot and Sunny

A good day!

I got up earlier than the last couple of days and started getting ready to go out. I had breakfast early today.

I watched ER and got myself ready to go out. I had a mission!  I left the house at the correct time for Google Maps, but I had really wanted to leave early.  I didn’t.  I did make the bus, but it was a very close thing.  I relaxed on the bus and also started a Mercy Thompson novel that I’m digging now. 

I got off the bus in Sakata and went into the mall. I went to the craft corner and had a snoop, then decided to go back to the middle of the mall. As I was on my way I saw my friend coming towards me. We hugged and then decided what to do with ourselves. We each suggested a couple of local restaurants but ended up in Nalanda, the Japanese run Indian restaurant in Sakata.  

We had quite a nice meal. We both had the tandoori lunch with naan, so we had some spicy curry with chicken and meat plus salad.  We both got lassis to drink. 

After lunch, we went to Mikawa and did a little shopping at a new shop there and then went into the mall proper. We had a treat at the ice cream shop and then sat and chatted for a while in the lovely cool air. Sadly, our time was starting to run out so we did a little grocery shopping and then she had to leave.

I spent some time in the mall too.  I bought some proper sashiko thread for mending F’s second pair of jeans and had a look in the clothing department. I tried a few things on, but the only thing I liked enough to consider buying was a pair of leggings and they were polyester so I decided not to get them. 

Finally, I was really thirsty so I took myself off to Doutor and had a drink and a cookie.  I knew that F would be a little late but he met me before 6 pm so he didn’t do too badly.  I handed over the card and got him to buy us both drinks. I’d already finished my first one. We had a nice drink and chat and then decided to go to the grocery store and get a few things for dinner from the deli.

We bought a few nice things from the deli like chicken wrapped with shiso, corn and bean fritters, sushi, sashimi and a salad.  

We brought it all back to the house and had a little feast with K as well. The food was good and got a good reception from all of us!

After dinner, F washed the dishes and I dried them.  Sad to say, one of our glasses got chipped, but since it only cost a hundred yen, neither of us is concerned. We’ll try and replace it soonish. 

I came upstairs and watched some TV, and F came up a bit later. It’s been so hot today that I am exhausted and can hardly keep my eyes open. 


I’m not sure what we’ll get up to tomorrow. I’m hoping that we both have a good day. Come back later and see what we get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: