June 13, 2019

Thursday - Warm and sunny

I woke up this morning just before F had to get up for work.  I made a quick trip downstairs and then went back to bed. I tried not to go back to sleep until he had left for work. 

I watched some news this morning and then my usual shows. I did laundry too.  I had a fairly quiet afternoon, I was catching up on my DVR programmes.  I still have a few to go though.

I worked on F’s pants a little bit. I took off the patch I tacked on last time and reattached it in a better place. It still isn’t perfect, but I think I’m going to put another patch on at the bottom to strengthen that area. 

F called me around 5 to say that he was still in Yamagata City and so wouldn’t be back for a couple of hours. I agreed to make dinner for his mother and myself. I’d planned to make dinner for all of us, so that wasn’t a difficult thing to promise. 

Around 6:30 I went downstairs and put together a nice little pesto pasta dinner for K and I. We had pesto penne, a sausage each cut up, veggies and a salad.  It was quite good. I’m not sure if K really liked it, but she kept telling me it was delicious!  

Finally, F called while I was doing the dishes and said he was on the way. When he arrived at the house a few minutes later I asked him if I should cook him more pasta and he said no.  I ended up cooking him the sausage and scrambling an egg for him. He got to have that on toast with salad and veggies on the side. 

After the dishes were done again, F and I went out. I just wanted a drink or something to get out of the house.  We went to Starbucks and I had their cold brewed coffee with lime and F had a regular coffee.  We used their wifi and barely talked to each other. Sigh. Every time I try and talk to F, he either doesn’t hear me or doesn’t really listen because he’s watching videos on his phone. 

We did a quick grocery run after our drinks to get K something for lunch and then came back to the house. F relaxed a bit, I took a shower and then watched a little telly.  

That’s about it for today. It was a good day, if a bit quiet. I decided not to go out, although I did think about it. I might go out tomorrow, but not to the downtown area. I might take my bike out and go and check out the shops around here and around the Mina shopping area.  Maybe! 


Come back later if you would like to and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: