July 10, 2019

Wednesday - Hot and sunny

I woke up this morning fairly easily. I had managed to get to bed earlier than I have been lately, so got a few minutes more sleep. It seems to make a difference.

I had a quiet morning and afternoon too.  I took stock of myself around 3 pm and realized that I hadn’t actually accomplished anything yet, so decided to get my niece’s present wrapped.  I did that, I looked out a card for her and filled it out. I didn’t seal the parcel as I wanted F to sign the card too.

He texted me to say he’d be late so I was surprised when he called a bit after 5:30. He was done.  I asked if we could go to the post office and mail the present. He said that we could. Yay.

That’s basically what happened. He came back to the house, he changed and signed the card, I sealed the parcel up and then the three of us got in the car. We went to the post office and discussed rates and such.  I had to fill out the customs form and was asked about the things inside. I understand why of course, but they are really strict nowadays.  My parcel should be fine, so it got mailed off. Yay.

F drove further down the street. We were planning to go to You-me shokudo, but when we drove by, it wasn’t open. Oh no!  He suggested Foodever, which I was a little disappointed in, but said it was okay.  I love Foodever, BUT my favourite restaurant there is closed on Wednesdays.  We went and I was right.

F and his mother had soba or ramen from the soba restaurant, I had a chicken and mushroom dish on rice. It has been coming back on me all night. Yuck.

We dropped K off at the house and a few minutes later we headed off to the onsen. F took a bath and I headed to chairs.  I read a chapter of my book and did a row or two of my latest project, a shawl for myself. Probably!

F came out of the bath early and we sat together for a while. We left the onsen at 10pm and headed into Tsuruoka again. We went to MaxValu for some shopping.  

After the shopping was done, we came back to the house. We were in time to watch Grey’s Anatomy so I was happy!

And that was my day. Nothing much special happened.  I hope to get a few things done tomorrow but I won’t hold my breath. I am planning to cook, which might be crazy as it’ll be quite hot too. Wish me luck with that.


Come back later and see what happens. Until tomorrow….

No comments: