August 19, 2019

Monday - Hot and rainy, sunny too

I got up this morning when F left. I did go back to bed for a bit, but I don’t think I slept. I was up again around 8 checking for news and then watched the news and other stuff for a while.  

I did a load of laundry this morning, actually, I did two. They weren’t that big, but it was good to get them done. 

I had a quiet day really. I didn’t see too much of K. She sleeps a lot in the afternoon, I don’t mind, when I’m in my eighties, I’ll probably want to do that too. 

F called in the afternoon to say he’d be working very late tonight. Oh dear.  Poor thing. I needed to make dinner tonight since I’d already bought ingredients for it, or so I thought.  Yesterday, F’s sister brought over some pasta that they had extra of and F asked me to do something with it. I found a recipe to make a spaghetti frittata and thought that might be fun. However, when I looked at the pasta today I discovered a couple of things. It wasn’t just plain pasta like I thought and K had taken it out of the bowl that her daughter brought it over in, and had put it in a random plastic bag. Argh!  There are nice food-safe bags all over the kitchen, and she put it in something that looked like a store bag. I don’t want to cook with it at all then. I’ll make the recipe using some of my own pasta.

Freezer to the rescue. About a year ago, I had bought a few things to keep in the freezer for cases like this where F is working late and I need to provide a meal for K.  Tonight, I used up some hamburg patties with a mushroom sauce on them, plus half a packet of pilaf from a few weeks ago.  We had lettuce as well in the fridge, so we shared that.

Dinner was okay. I’m not sure if K liked it a lot or not, but she did eat it all! I cooked the third hamburg and will have that for my lunch tomorrow.  After dinner, I washed and dried all the dishes. It wasn’t a big deal as I hadn’t used all that many!

F came back to the house after 9 pm. He wanted to go out fairly soon afterward. His mother had waited up for him and I told him to at least say hello to her. F and I went out to Komeda Coffee and had kakigori. We both had kiwi-flavoured kakigori and they were very nice.

After our treat, we went to the grocery store. I got a few things for dinner tomorrow and F got a few things for his dinner tonight.

We came back to the house where F started to be a bit of a pain. He put away the groceries, which I hate when he does it. He never puts them in the right places. For instance, he puts my stuff on K’s level. If she sees it, she eats it. I have to hide some of the portable/small items.  I like to put my stuff in the freezer so I can find them, he buries things in the bottom. Not a big deal really, we sorted things out later.

On his way to the room, F spilled his soy sauce and then yelled at me when I moved towards the mess on the floor. I didn’t realize what he said and he got mad at me for not wanting to leave the door open.  It makes no sense.


Anyway, I should go. I did laundry today, but not a lot else. I should really try a Postcrossing tomorrow or doing something productive. We’ll see.  Come back later if you like and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: