November 29, 2019

Friday - Snowy and cold

I woke up this morning a little early. I actually got up and didn’t go back to sleep.  The world was white outside, sigh. It hasn’t gone away yet either.
Outside my window this morning.
 It was taken without my glasses through the screen window which is why it has such odd waves all over it. 

I had a quiet day. I didn’t do laundry this morning. I just looked at the pile and shrugged.  I got my breakfast and had that. I watched quite a lot of telly off the DVR today too.

I worked on getting the ornaments I’m sending wrapped up nicely so the person will have a good experience opening the package! During my time spent looking for wrapping material, I came across a bunch of stuff that I’d kept for crafting but I never use. I threw it out. It was things like calendar sheets, nothing I paid for or anything. So even though I’m not doing the proper decluttering, a little of it is still being done. Yay me!

I started an ornament in the late afternoon. I had debated with myself about going to a post office but decided that it would get dark soon so I’d rather not. I started another of the ornaments from Attic24 and got most of it done before F came back from work. It looked good.

When F called to say he was done work, I suggested going to the restaurant near the post office but going to the post office first. He was okay with that.

When he came back to the house, we all bundled up in the car and went off to the post office.  I went up to the person behind the counter and told him that the package was in Japan. We dealt with that, and then I asked for some cute stamps for my cards. Unfortunately, he thought my cards were for in Japan too, when they really weren’t! When he realized they were for out of Japan, we had to rearrange a few things!  Finally, everything was done and it was no big deal. I’ll have to send at least one more batch soon…after I buy them!

Dinner was at Youme Shokudo again and it was nice. F and I both had pork tonight, K wanted the fish, but they didn’t have it so she had chicken.  We all had extras of the miso soup and/or rice. 

We came back to the house and stayed in tonight. F’s back is bad again and he was a bit tired. He fell asleep fairly early I think. I had a shower and then watched quite a bit of telly. I did finish my ornament and I’m going to keep it!  I’m thinking about making a few extra to tuck into Christmas stockings and the like back in Canada!


The picture isn't very good as my lighting wasn't natural.  It is much brighter and prettier in real life.
And that’s really been it for my day. It was quiet but productive.  

I’m not sure what we’ll get up to tomorrow. I’m hoping to buy more cards…we might take in a movie but it is one that I’m not really too concerned about seeing.  We’ll have to see what happens!


If you are up to it, come on back tomorrow and find out what happens on the last day of November.  Until tomorrow….

2 comments:

Rosa said...

Hey, Helen! It's so nice to see your Christmas crafting pics. Those ornaments look quite intricate. I don't know how you have the patience!

Have you ever thought of opening an etsy shop or selling on ebay? Even the kind of crafty things that you tossed out might sell as collections of Japanese "ephemera"--though the shipping would probably be a pain!

Can't believe Christmas is so close at hand. It looks like you'll have a white Christmas for sure.

Helen said...

Thank you! I'm glad that you like my Christmas stuff. I've thought about selling some of my stuff but in all honesty, I don't want to do that. I usually follow other people's designs and sometimes the designers say that you can't sell their stuff, so then you get into a tricky copyright situation. Plus, I crochet for fun and if I sold things I'm not sure it would be fun anymore.

I'm quite sure I'll have a white Christmas since I'm going to Canada this year, but yes, this area of Japan usually has snow by the middle of December.

Less than a month til Christmas. Where does the time go?

Thanks for stopping in!