December 1, 2019

Sunday - Clear, cold but cloudy at times

We both stayed up much too late last night spending time on our respective computers so we slept in very very late too. I got up around 11 for a few minutes then popped back into bed for a minute more. 

F went downstairs and made brunch for his mother. It was likely udon again. He did offer me some, but I just can’t. When he came back up he wanted to go out for lunch “for me” but he ignored all of the restaurants that I wanted to go to and suggested sushi. Bleck. Another fish meal. I agreed but said we should go to Kappa Sushi.  We went there and were seated immediately. We had an okay meal. I had a few side dishes and a bit of sushi so I was okay, not too worried about things.

After lunch, we went to get kerosene for the house and then went to the Chido Museum. The new exhibit was on calligraphy. I’m not a huge fan because I can’t understand it, but it didn’t really matter. I sat for a while and waited for F, but it was fine.  We also checked out the garden and that was nice. They have the trees tied up to protect them from the snow so they looked like old-style roundabouts, or maybe witches' hats. There was an odd thing happened at the museum today. When we arrived, there was an ambulance in front of the blue Police building on the grounds.  We saw a person being brought out of the building and the ambulance left. I have no idea what happened. We didn't stand around trying to see anything, we just arrived at the museum then. 

The pond at the back of the museum. I love this place, can you tell?



We had coffee at Cafe Studio Cinq. I wanted to check out the souvenirs on sale there but didn’t buy anything. In the cafe, we used the free wifi and drank our drinks. It was nice.

My cafe latte!  It was really cute.
F wanted to buy his mother a bento so we went to the grocery store. I bought most of the food we’ll need for the next couple of days too. I’m going to make a stew tomorrow night so hopefully, we can have that on Tuesday too. None of this cook new food every night baloney!

We dropped the food and kerosene at the house. F heated up his mother’s bento and then we were off again. F had decided that he did want to see Doctor Sleep, so we drove off to Mikawa Mall.

We parked near the cinema and went in. We got our tickets and were surprised that it was cheaper than usual. I remembered that it was the first today so movies are cheaper. Yay.

We went to the food court and had bibinba.  I had a cheese one, F had a kimchi one. I think he was silly with his stomach, but that’s his choice. We got free drinks with them because we showed our movie tickets. Yay.

We went to see Doctor Sleep and it was much better than I thought it would be. As expected, Ewan McGregor gets his kit off, but it was only at the beginning.  The other actors were pretty good. I liked the young actress (Kyliegh Curran) and it also had the fabulous Rebecca Ferguson in it.  I’ve never been able to sit through The Shining due to my complete hatred of Jack Nicholson, so it might not have worked for me if I had, but really I enjoyed it. It’s not particularly memorable, but for a cheaper movie on a Sunday night, it wasn’t bad!

After the movie, we walked down the mall and went to the grocery store and bought a few things that we either forgot or didn’t think about at the earlier store. While I was there I was really glad that I didn’t enter Whamageddon as I would have lost!  Yep, Last Christmas came on the muzak. 

We drove back to Tsuruoka, most of the time behind a driver that was a bit erratic. F kept his distance and I was glad of that. 

At the house, we unpacked the groceries and then spent a quiet evening. We both took showers and used our computers. When I came back into the room F was surprised and said, “I didn’t have to use my earphones!” Nice to know he missed me. Not.


Anyway, that’s it for me. Tomorrow I have a lot of things to do. I have 7 things on my To-Do list, I hope to do at least one or two of them!  Come back later if you like and see what happens. Until tomorrow….

No comments: