December 12, 2019

Thursday - Rainy and windy

Today was a good day. I didn’t get anything much accomplished, but that’s okay. I hope. 

I got up early and watched the news. When it was over, I sorted out my laundry. I ended up doing a couple of loads of it. 

I caught up with my TV on the DVR today too. Yay me. I need to delete the show that F and I gave up on. It’s a bit sad as it was a good show, but now that he has his computer in use, he doesn’t want to watch TV with me. 

I got a lot of little things done today. I set aside some of my clothes for the trip, I wrote the rest of my nengajo and I wrote a chatty email to a friend far away.  

F had made arrangements yesterday to have very nice bento boxes for K and I delivered tonight. I was listening for the doorbell but never heard it. I did hear something downstairs so went down.  The guy from the sushi place was already inside the genkan. I was really surprised.  Anyway, I paid him and then set out everything on the table.  K and I had a lovely feast. We’ve ordered these sets before. I had chicken cutlet and sushi, K had sushi, soba and tempura. They both came with chawanmushi and soup.  We had a grand old meal. K ate everything, which surprised me. Maybe she skipped lunch in anticipation? I’m not sure.  

After we finished, I washed all the dishes and the sushi boxes and put them by the door. F or K will put them out tomorrow for them to pick up.

In the evening I came upstairs. I watched a bit of TV, I also got stuck into things on my computer. I printed more address labels for myself, I wrote my nengajo and I even made a cd and printed liner notes for it. I was busy, even if it doesn’t sound like it. 

Tomorrow F is off work and will probably get to the house early.  I’m not sure what he’ll do in the morning, but in the afternoon I finally have a dentist’s appointment. I won’t really have time to get any work done if it is necessary.  I don’t know what he was thinking.  I asked him at least 4 months ago to make an appointment for me but he kept putting it off. When he did go in to see if I could go, she was too busy on the day he wanted!  My dentist is good so she’s always busy.

After that, I’m not sure what we’ll get up to. There are no new movies in English this weekend, which is disappointing.  


Come back later if you aren’t busy and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: